PART 1.5 - Ch 06

Flemish's POV

My fingers grazed the old page of the book lining the words I read. I hung on every word and it was the first time anything got hold of my interest so bad. I got addicted. I do not think I could put this book down until I knew every word of every page by heart.

'What are you doing?'

I gave a jump that caused the chair I was sitting on to wobble.

'Oh, I-uh was just reading this book' I lifted the book that read "Entering the Mind" with my finger bookmarking the page I was in.

'You seem hooked with that psychiatry book,' Joshua rubbed his eyes to get rid of the last bit of sleep that might convince him to never wake up again.

'How come that shelf is so filled with so many medical books? Do you take your teaching career that seriously?' I casually diverted the conversation his way.

'You think I wanted to be a teacher?' He growled.

'Huh?' Surprised at his serious reaction.

'I wanted to finish medical school.' His voice changed to a whisper.

Huh?

I wanted to bang my head against the wall when I realized he was being emotional. I kept the medical book on the table and dropped onto the bed beside him but only after I memorised that I was in page 76 of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I was never good with such things but my hands automatically went to his head. I started caressing his hair. His hair was soft against my slender fingers and I didn't want this moment to pass.

'What made you stop?' I tested the waters.

'Money, a scholarship I couldn't get?' Of course, money always got on my nerves that good for nothing valuable piece of paper.

Emotions Summer. My mind reminded me.

'Do you miss it?'

'Yeah'

'Do you want to back and finish it?'

'I don't know'

I think I understand what was happening here. This guy started studying to get his dream job of becoming a doctor but had to stop because he did not have enough for tuition. For some odd reason he did not get a student loan and now he does not know what to do with his life. In other word he got lost from his path and needs help in finding it back.

I think I'll work for the CIA If I'm still not sure which path to choose for myself.

'How about you apply for it again this year?' I encouraged him

'Do you think it's that easy!' He yelled and suddenly moved his head letting my hand drop.

'You're nothing but a teenager! Stop acting like you know anything! You don't okay?' He was on his feet now and glaring.

I raised my hands in surrender. Accepting the fact that I'm just a teenager who does not know anything, I got up and started picking up my clothes without a word. I quickly changed and threw his shirt on the bed.

'Wait!'

Too late. I snatched my bag from the counter and walked out his door.