PART 2.5 - Ch 16

Baker's POV

'What would you do if you were given a second chance to follow dreams? '

'A second one huh? Let me think. ' she lifted her index finger pretending to be deep in her thoughts.

'Go for it! Duh!' she exclaimed.

Her hands were pressed onto the ground. His long arms were straight supporting her body as she leaned back. She turned to the sky.

It felt different next to her. It felt easier to deal with the feelings swirling within me. She made things more simple and I felt dumb not to realize it before. Was it because she was still very young and has not let past experiences bring her down? Or was that just immaturity talking?

There was a comfortable silence. I wanted it to stay like that but she had to break it.

'Ach!' she sneezed. I finally noticed the very little clothes that covered her.

'Come here,' I motioned her to come closer.

She gave me a bright smile and hopped beside me. I raised my right arm so she could settle in properly. When the side of her body touched mine there were tingles that ran through my skin in a frenzy. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and pulled her onto me. Goosebumps and chills were a better description of what ran between us. One can say they were sparks, others electricity but it was what it was.

Probably because of the cold.

She did not stay locked in my arms for long. She pressed her soft lips on my neck, right below my chin. Gracefully she trailed sweet warm kisses passed my Adam's apple towards my chest. When she reached the edges of my collar, I lost it.

One hand slipped under her T-shirt and held onto her bare waist making her body press onto mine. The other hand's fingers tipped her chin up. Now my mouth had easier access to her moist lips.

My lips covered hers with intense need. At first she was a little startled with my immediate reaction. She smiled on my lips. It made me growl.

Her hands ran over my hard chest. I got frustrated about the T-shirt that separated my skin with her quaint teasings. I licked her lips, demanding them to open. She obliged willingly.

Things got heated as our tongues danced in sync.

'HEY!'

Summer jumped away from me as soon as she heard the yell.

Will these interruptions ever stop?

She tugged at my T-shirt, wide-eyed. I started getting up hurriedly . She grabbed my hand and pulled me back down.

'They're coming this way!' she whispered harshly.

'Then let's go!' My voice was too loud.

'Who's there!' the voice was far but it would approach us in no time.

'Get in the water.' she ordered pointed at the lake.

'Fuck no!' this time I was careful not to say it too loudly.

'Do you wanna lose your job?' The anger in her voice was clear.

'You get in. I'll stay and make up a story!'

'No. It's either you or both of us!'

What a selfish bitch!

'I'm a teacher! You're the student! You aren't allowed out at night.'

'Fine say bye to your job then.' She did not move.

'Be reasonable.' She just sat there.

This girl's immaturity was getting on my nerves. I felt the strong urge to argue and prove her wrong. Or stupidity for this case.

Light flashed over a few dozen metres away from where we were. This was no time to argue about things. We had to get the fuck away!

I grabbed her wrist and harshly led her to the water. The current was not strong and would not wash us away. We both splashed into the waters. We held our breaths and closed her eyes. Our feet touched the floor of the waterbed covered in stones. The water thankfully clear and left unpolluted compared to most lakes.

I opened my eyes adjusting to look through the liquid. Light flashed over the surface of the water right over a heads. Fortunately they missed us.

I was still holding my breath and it was getting harder by the minute. After sometime when it was evident that the person left. Summer decided it was time to get up and tapped my shoulder She broke through the surface gasping for breath as I proceeded to do the same.

We stood there with our lower bodies underwater, trying get huge gulps of breaths into our lungs.

Summer suddenly started laughing profusely. Her laughing made no musical sound. She laughed like seal.

I do not remember what set me off but I joined in. It had been so long since I did that. I laughed. I laughed till I had no breath yet again.

Vote. Comment. Love. Hate.