PART 1.8 - Ch 09

Flemish's POV

The doorknob was rusty and took more force that normal to turn it. It was only afternoon so there was enough room lighting up the living room. The indigo couch was gathering dust as my friends have not come over in every a week. Otherwise I'm almost never home.

I bent down to collect the letters from the ground near the door. Who sends letters anymore? Skimming through them, they were mainly just bills. Electricity, water, sewage, hospital, etc.

Hospital?

I should have realized then.

There was a crunching sound from the kitchen. It was too early for thieves but it I was a little rattled. I practically lived alone but I was brave enough to enter it. Not that I could not handle a bastard that dares enter my house.

My eyes found a man in his early fifties sitting on one of the chairs. His unfamiliar grey eyes matched the streaks of grey on his now dusty black hair. His features were strong and distant. His aura was strict yet familiar. As if I saw him maybe once or twice possibly in a dream. I could not remember the last time he was home.

'You're back,' I spoke formally to my father redistinguishing how distant we were, for years now.

'How have you been?' he started a conversation that I had no intention to continue.

'Good, ' with that I left him in the kitchen.

My legs walked up the stairs to my room on the next floor. I did not want to dwell on our incomplete and sad household. It was no different from other households honestly. Mine was no special from the books one reads. Neither was anyone else's. We all had these situations, went through all the same shit. It was better to just accept it and make better of the situation.

My white room was exactly how I left it. There were laundry clothes stacked on one corner of the room. The desk was a little messy but the bed neatly done. A photograph of a women holding her child stood on the bedside table.

I could not stand the picture of a mother I had no memories of. I hid the the frame so I did not have to look at it for the time being.

The laptop was on and ready for my fingers to harshly fly across the keyboard. The forms were done, applications there to be filed but there was no essay to be sent with it.

My hands reached my head to pull a handful of hair out. I dropped onto the bed and sat cross legged. My writing skills were not the problem. It was the fact I had no idea of what I want to do with my life. What I want to waste my life away for. What is my aim?

Life is nothing but a black hole that sucks everything out of you and only to leave you with nothing but stress.

I groaned loudly attempting to let some of that trapped stress out. I had no desire to handle this shit now, especially since an old man had to come and ruin my mood.

Suddenly I remembered the book Baker had given me. I brought the book out and took a good look at this age old psychology book. It did not have any special vibe to it but there was something about this book. Something that drawed me in and I could not put it down.

His sexy lips came into my my mind and I smiled. His touch, his skill, his manliness they were all so exquisite. It was all just a thought but my cheeks heated up. That was not even the end. There was the presence of wetness in as certain area.

I'm glad there's someone attainable I have to get all worked up for, fangirl for. It keeps me busy. Oh great. I just reminded myself the problems I tried to get so hard to get rid of by having inappropriate thoughts about my biology teacher.

Shrugging the sad feelings off I concentrated on the words in front of me. It was the fourth volume and the first topic was Bipolar Disorder. It pulled me into this whole new world of science of the human mind. I started feeling like a child who tasted ice cream for the first time. Yes that was how good it felt reading psychology.

I dived into the book and did not let it go for hours totally ignoring the wetness that I should have taken care of.

Vote. Comment. Love. Hate.

This was slightly different from the usual, I know. Trust me. I know what I'm doing. Please continue to read and support me?

Why do you think the father daughter relationship is tough here?

Why do you think is up with the dad?

Let me know your answers. I read everything. I will hunt you down. With love that is.