PART 2.1 - Ch 12

Baker's POV

'Girl get your damn nose out of that book!'

'God woman calm your tits! Look it's in my bag now. Ya happy?' I could recognize Flemish's loud voice from the back of the bus.

I unconsciously smiled at her remarks. It was always new and different from what I was used to. Which was probably what attracted me to her in the first place.

I watched the scenaries out the window. I remembered Rose's words. My head started aching from all that thinking and having to decide was harder now. Now I have a stable job, one that allows me to be able to save up as well as have a roof under my head. For the first time I had something and Now I had to choose between my dreams that might not even work out in the end and a concrete stable job.

I ran my fingers through my blonde hair. The head ache was only increasing. The increased talking and shouting of the excited teenagers did not help. I needed sleep.

💡

I woke up with a start. The school bus had stopped. We have reached our destination. Mrs Wilbert gently tapped my shoulder.

'You have to lead the students to their designated cabin. ' She reminded me. She was a sweet old lady whose probably been teaching English at school from before I was born.

I got up rubbing my head. The sleep made the headache tolerable. I cracked my knuckles to prepare myself to handle a bunch of restless teens.

To my surprise they were all either listening to music or talking softly. Some of them were sleeping peacefully. The journey was very long and the tiredness was expected. The sun was setting and I moved to aisle. I walked to the back of the bus to check if everything was in order and a head count.

2, 4, 6...14, 16 and I stopped.

Flemish was reading the book I gave her. The sight was beautiful. The sun was setting and the pink and orange rays on her dark hair made it look almost magical. Two strands of hair was out of her ponytail and floating in front of her face. She was too into the book to be disturbed by a hair malfunction. Her brows were slightly pushed together memorizing every word of the educational book.

I felt warm and familiar at the sight of her. Familiar as she reminded me of myself not too long ago, studying for med school. Warm because I realized she was genuinely interested in psychology. This was the first time I saw her give so much interest in anything. I truly hope she was able to do whatever she wanted.

I broke out of my gaze, embarrassed at staring at her for who knows how long.

'Students!' broke the peaceful silence.
Flemish jumped out of surprise and swiftly closed the book. Everyone moved a little and began to fix themselves.

They lined up with unusal obligation in their sleepy manner.

I finally stepped out and the sun is almost gone but the sky was still at its fire's ending.

It was only spring but the heat proved otherwise. The heat slowly left and gradual coldness surrounded us as we stepped into our cabins. Mine was not very big but as a teacher I enjoyed the luxury of having a cabin all to myself.

Vote. Comment. Love. Hate.