Quick

The light danced across her skin so perfectly, like the waltz across the dance floor- elegant, beautiful, and sexy. It defined her scars that told stories, markings that would make anyone cry, and tattoos that was just more than a piece of art- it was her life. The woman stood in the middle of the class like a Greek statue; telling a story without moving or talking. Her long curly black hair sprouted out like branches, breast were perky and exposed, brown eyes full of compassion, and light brown skin was radiant as if she was kissed by the sun.

She was me....

A goddess- Athena; a warrior full of inspiration, courage, wisdom, strength and skill. A queen... a strong woman... a black woman...

My lips tugged into a small smile as I praised myself in the mirror like every morning to start off my day. You may think I'm conceited, but I'm not- just a little insecure. I did this to boost myself up, to not doubt myself. It's a common method that my mother told me to do, and let me say- it's working.

I lifted the dress of my sundress into my shoulders before turning away from my mirror to look at the room that many would call a disaster. I have a small studio apartment with only a queen size bed, small kitchen and arm chair and my art supplies that takes up half of the space. I barley have room for a television and couch, being that I use my computer for mostly everything, spend my time doing some art work, and use my bed as a dining room table and desk- there's no need for those two things.

I stepped over a few shoes laying around I do not care for to pick up, before grabbing my bag filled with my sketchbook, pencils, wallet and charger; with my phone in my other hand- I walked out my studio apartment on towards the streets of New York City.

I went to Spleman university for fours years, and let me tell you those fours years was a blast. However Atlanta did not quite have what I wanted, such as art classes or others who is as inspired by art as much as I am. I found my passion during my freshman year in Spleman, I haven't realized I was really good at it until I needed something calm my nerves- to keep my brain going. So I picked up a pencil and started to draw.

As soon as I walked out the door I was ambushed by the only person around or probably the whole city that would jump on you when you walk out your front door. I screamed out in shock and stepped back to see my best friend; Irvine Skåsgard.

"Dammit Irvine!" I huffed out.

She chuckled, showing her pearly whites while putting her fiery red hair in a tight ponytail. "I don't know why you're so surprised, I do this every morning." Her green eyes shined like the sun when her lips turned into a smile.

I slowly rolled my eyes, "That doesn't mean I like it. Almost gave me a heart attack." Being that we were basically next door neighbors, she unfortunately know when I get up to leave so she can give me a fright.

"Sorry," She said a half ass apology before nudging me. "So where are you going?"

"Where I always go, to the studio then off to work." I stated while fixing the snag strap on my shoulder.

Irvine scoffed while shaking her head, "Why don't you do something else today? You always do the same thing, take the same route, leave at the same time. Why not change up?"

I gave her a questionable look when I went down the same route she is speaking of. "Why would I?"

"It's boring," She stated, obvious making a good point.

Ever since I was in high school, I try to live a simple life. Excitement was too much for me to handle, especially after I had a huge seizure in twelfth grade for having too much stress. I was always a perfectionist when it comes to grades, I try to make sure everything was perfect and by doing so it caused- not only the seizure- but gray hairs, worry and stress that a eighteen year old should not have.