Quick ch.26

Now completed and perfect in my eyes, the painting I've been working on was displayed on my wall in my new apartment. Even though I have not yet unpacked my boxes nor put furniture in the room, the painting seemed to complete the room. Irvine stood beside me, a popsicle in one hand and her phone in the other as she text her morning away.

"When are you going to unpack?" Irvine asked without looking up from her phone.

I sighed heavily before turning towards my empty room, "When my parents come back."

"Isn't that today?" She finally looked up from her phone, to only lick her mid morning treat. "Why does it seem like this unpacking thing is deeper than it is?"

"I have a lot of stuff on my mind, you know. From the engagement to meeting up with my biological mother; it's a lot." I explained.

"I guess it's time to say my news." Irvine sighed while stuffing her phone into her back pocket. "James contacted me last night, he's back in Barcelona. He apologized and wanted me to visit him, since his parents practically got him on lock down."

Even though James broke her heart that night, I couldn't help but smile from how excited she is for this small moment. "Great! Are you thinking about going?"

"Of course. I go next week, I'm so excited." She jumped up and down like a teenage girl who found out her crush finally contacted her.

"I can see."

Irvine stopped jumping and smiling, she gave me an odd look. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm happy. I'm happy if you're happy. Besides you can go back to Barcelona and see our friends; when you go don't tell them about the engagement, I want to call them about it." Ever since we left Barcelona, I've kept in contact with Maxwell and Christina; we'll take once a week to talk, but last week was a little chaotic for all of us- even Max and Christina.

Apparently ever since Susan's death, the institute has been on hold; no money coming in nor art going out. It were units that they may send the participants home and cancel the program permanently, those are rumors though; I doubt Violet would cancel the program she worked so hard for.

"Speaking of engagement, how are you going to explain to your parents that you're going to marry a girl they have not yet seen, after two months of dating?" Irvine laughed nervously.

"My mom knows..."

"But your dad doesn't.."

Mom is the sweet one; wise, kind, smart and experienced. Dad is the firm one; wise, stern, smart and more experienced. Mom is all about love. Dad is all about logic. Mom is easily convinced, dad is hard to ease. Dad is who I have to convince, mom is already on my side in this decision.

"I can convince to understand my choice," I said.

"That's going to be hard." Irvine stated the obvious while walking around the room. "For the meantime, unpack something. This is depressing me."

Indeed I did unpack, but no matter how many boxes I cleared, my mind did not. A lot of thoughts on the matter of telling dad that I'm getting married to a woman he never laid eyes on, made me feel uneasy- very uneasy. I was on the fifth to last box when I decided to take a break, a phone break to be exact.

Hey, are you busy?...
~Natural K

I looked through the fifth box to see mainly antics and other item I would put on display; a picture of my family being on of them.

I'm just walking into a meeting now. What's up?..
~Rich Girl V

I blew raspberries while looking at the message, I needed to talk to her now; but work would always come first with the both of us. Not for long at least..