Quick ch.9

Zipping my small suitcase settled on my bed, I sighed in relief that I packed in time. I laid back onto the bed, exhausted and a little excited; not that I'm going on a date with Violet, it's just that I'm going to Madrid. Madrid!!!... A new place full of colors, people and art.

The bed shifted beside me as fiery red hair filled my vision, "So..."

"So?"

Irvine green eyes became lighter from the sun shine slipping through the windows. "Who are you traveling with? To Madrid."

"Going by myself. I have a train ticket and everything ready." It took the whole morning to get my lie together, I hate lying to Irvine; but I don't want her on my back about Violet.

Irvine gave me an odd look, "By yourself? No one else."

I shrugged my shoulders, "Maybe a few people that volunteered." I sat up, making her slowly move back.

The look upon her face was still there, burning the side of my face, "Are you sure Rich Girl V is not going to be there?"

My eyes went wide like saucers, I snapped my head towards her so fast; I would of snapped my neck. She had my phone up in the air with the screen showing the message staring back at me.

Can't wait to go to Madrid with you.
~Rich Girl V

The message didn't tell much but it had so many hints. My face went pale, my eyes still wide as if I was a deer caught in the headlights. This is what I get, for lying to Irvine because I was afraid of her judgement. "Irvine-"

"You try to lie to me! Your best friend!" She yelled out while throwing my phone to the side. "Who's Rich Girl V? Violet?"

I didn't answer, I just stared at her face. However, my silence was enough to answer her theory. She grabbed a pillow nearby before hitting the back of my head with it. "Ow! What the hell?!"

"Ow! What the hell!.." She mocked my voice with a goofy look upon her face, which made me laugh instead of groan in pain. "You lying piece of- ugh! How dare you?"

"I get that your mad, but-"

"There's no but! You tried to lie to me." Now she was standing in front of me with her arms crossed, face twisted in anger and her green eyes were no longer bright. "I thought we told each other everything, what's up with that huh?"

"I didn't want you judging me. I needed time to see where Violet and I stand and how things go."

"It's going to go bad!" She yelled out as if I was stupid. You can say I am stupid for lying to my friend, for going out with my boss- in hoping I'll have sexual relations with her.

I stood to my feet, slowly turning my back on her as I get out of the pillows reach, "You don't think I know that," I said back in a timid and calm voice. "You said yourself, ever since I've gotten back to New York, my life has been boring- the same ole shit every single day. The only non boring thing about my life are my choice of partners." I turned back to Irvine now that I was in the midi of the large room, the deadly pillow was still in her hands; locked and loaded. "If I take this risk... this one simple risk that can excite my life while I still have the chance; then I would not longer be the boring apple. I'm not really asking for permission nor approval, I just need you to understand- to not judge me because I never judged you."

Irvine did not snap back with a nasty remark nor chucked the pillow at my head. Instead she set the pills down back on the bed slowly. "Fine," she simply said. "Gosh, my little girl is growing up so fast." Irvine chuckled while rubbing the back of her exposed neck. "What happened to my little wild flower-"