Quick ch.37

I sat on the bed with my warm computer on my lap, it's been like this for weeks; me being a hermit in my room with I basically shop online or even watch Netflix. I was shopping, more like window shopping for dresses; even though I have another practically three months until our wedding. It's good to be early than late, at the moment I can't find anything that catch my eye nor gain any ideas from different designs.

It's not like I have things on my mind. The Sara situation is out the door, social services and the cops went to her hotel that very week when Violet called them; the cops arrested Sara and she's facing minor charges- six months in jail with parole- while Samuel is going to stay with a relative in Delaware.

Samuel and I do not keep in contact, for many reasons. One of them being I practically put his mother in jail, the other one is that we have no way in contacted; for a nine year old in this day and age, you'll expect him to at least have an email- but Sara oddly kept him from making himself one or any social media accounts.

So, I keep my distance- if a nine year old would ever need that. It's best when he's older, when no one is controlling his every move and he can make his own decision; I'll still be here in New York or somewhere else in the U.S, by time he gets older it'll be easier for people to track others down.

Here I am, looking up wedding dresses, flowers, and awesome decorations that match our color scheme; baby blue and white with a touch of orange. It was feminine, not too feminine as Violet would say; besides with the orange it comes in line with fall a little.

I bite down on my nails as my apartment door opened, Irvine walked into with a large bottle of water and a regular size bag of gummy warms. She crawled beside me, not before setting her snack on the dressing room.

She wore a tight shirt that showed her small patch of belly. Coming along two months of pregnancy, Irvine has not yet made up her mind up her mind on what she was going to do with her unborn child, mostly everyone- including me- think she should keep this baby, but it's her body and child.

"Morning sickness is kissing my ass. I feel like a bulimic model." She leaned on my arm while peeping at my computer. "I love that." She poked at my screen.

"Not feeling it." I said before clicking another bridal website. "Maybe I should sketch ideas, buy materials and have someone make it from scratch."

"There's not enough time. Your wedding is in three months, to have a awesome dress you'll need more time." She pointed out. "Maybe go international, I heard France holds awesome wedding dresses and Peru- from what I heard."

"How much would that cost?" Sapphire jumped onto the bed by Irvine's hand.

"Does it matter? You're going to marry a woman in the fifth wealthiest family in the east coast and a few other parts of the world."

"I don't want to spend her money." I mumbled while scrolling down the website. "Maybe I should..." I was suddenly interrupted by the vibration from my phone.

Need to talk... Meet up at the house..
~Smartass M

"I have to go to speak with Mike soon, try this hunt later." I shut down my computer and set it to the side. "Imma stop by the store to get some dinner, you want anything other than gummy worms."

Irvine groaned and laid back onto my bed while rubbing her small patch. "Bring home some Cheez-its."

"Cheez-its. I thought you think everything in a box or bag were full of fat and sugar, that everything will slowly kill you." I said with a wicked smile upon my face.