Quick ch.30

I always loved train rides, it was safer than an airplane, not small and numbing as a car. It gives you time to think and also walk around. However on this particular train ride I did not like. In less that four hours I'm going to meet my biological mother and hopefully brother in person, it's quite nerve wrecking.

Violet held onto my hand, but even her warmth was not enough to calm me down. I stared out the window, eyeing the blurry objects passing by.

"You know, this is my first time riding a train." Violet spoke up, distracting me from my negative thoughts. "It's always been private jets or first class." She put the clear straw in between her lips before sipping on her cranberry juice. Unfortunately they did not sell liquor on this train ride.

I took a deep breath while adjusting myself in the seat, "Wow, privilege of a rich girl huh." I teased.

"Where do you want to go for our honeymoon?"

"Honeymoon? Did we skip over the wedding?" I questioned with a smirk upon my face.

Violet set her now empty glass on the table between us before giving me a her full. "Let's talk about the wedding then. What's your dream wedding? What do you want?"

I shrugged my shoulders, mainly because I don't know what I want for a wedding. I never thought about getting married. "I don't know. What about you?"

Violet chuckled, "I don't know either. Should we have a small wedding or big wedding?"

"Definitely small, unless you have a lot of friends and family."

"I'm sure my parents will try to invite everyone they ever met- we'll keep that in mind. You want it in the fall? Spring? Summer? Winter?"

"Fall. Not too hot, not too cold."

"Okay. What about the theme?"

"Theme?"

"Yeah," She ran her fingers through her hair as she thought of an explanation. "Like a setting. Midnight in Paris or..."

"No theme," I said blankly. "Just an odd fashion wedding, maybe in a church. If that's okay with you, I know you're not religious..."

"It's fine. So a church. How about the reception?"

"You should pick that."

Suddenly the train jerked into a completely stop and a deep voice filled our ears. "Hello everyone, there will be a slight delay; we have a couple of friends on our track- deer. Say about in another thirty minutes we will continue,
By then sit back and relax."

I groaned while letting my head drop onto the head rest. "Seriously."

Violet grabbed my hand and gave it a little squeeze, "What type of cake?"

I blew raspberries as I thought of my favorite flavor, truth be told I'm not a fan of cake. More of a ice cream person. "You should choose."

"Of course we'll have live music. Sitting charts could be made later, dresses is at a later time, location-later."

"Bridesmaids?"

A glint of emotion went across her face, but whatever it was I could not make it out. "Right. Of course Irvine is going to be your head maid of honor." She stood to her feet and grabbed her empty cup. "I'm going to get some more juice, do you want anything?"

I grabbed onto her hand before she can leave. "Violet, do you have a list of bridesmaids?"

Violet sighed heavily before sitting back down, "Considering I spent my whole late teenage years with my father, I could not keep my friends. The only friend I have is technically my employee and she's back in Barcelona trying to clean up my mess. It's sad as fuck." She chuckled.