Quick ch.35

Jail... The number one place that can break the toughest woman in the world.. I never thought I'll be the one to spent time in such a cold, dark, moldy place with horrible food and seats; I was always the one to keep my nose in the clean stuff, never back talked to adults nor do anything illegal- except for weed and I did vandalize once or twice, but that was so long ago.

From all the television shows I watched, I learned a few things: 1) Keep yourself unknown and distant- never put yourself out there and be the top dog. 2) Don't be anyone bitch, and if you have to- choose someone that'll give you protection. 3) When it come down to it, make an awesome weapon- you'll be protected but also be in risk of going to the shoot.
Fuck, I'm going to die in here- especially if people going to find out what I did not do. Kids are the number one points that should not be fucked with, them, animals and old people.

I sat on the very uncomfortable bench with my bare foot crossed under me, women were all around; hookers, addicts, and young drug/gang members that got caught. They were half my age, on the streets selling dope to make a hundred dollars a day. What kinda profit is that?... Anyway, I did not show my fear- even though I wanted to cry. No, I sucked it up, kept my head on the swivel and body to myself.

"What can a girl do for a cigarette over here?" One of the hookers yelled out, her Brooklyn accent was thick and voice rasping from all the smoking. She also smelt of sex, liquor, cheap perfume, and baby formula; it all made me gag.

"Quiet down Iris." A female guard stepped forward, her hands were gripped onto her belt as if she was holding up her pants, eyes slanted and cold as if she were watching a bunch of pigs, she scanned the large cell before eyeing her target- which was me. "White! Someone set bail. Let's go!"

I couldn't be so happy, I slowly stood to my feet to keep myself from running out of there like it was a fire. Once I stepped out of that cell, I felt home free. The guard escorted me to the front so I can collect my stuff, which were just a couple of dollars and my belt. I grabbed them and did not bother to put it back on.

"Sorry it took so long," Violet comment once I were ear shot and in her view. "Here." She set a pair of my flip flops in front of me.

I stepped into them and took a deep breath, "It doesn't matter, as long as you got me out of here." I stated before wrapping my arms around her waist and pulled her into a hug, which I needed.

"Let's go," Violet pulled me along out of the precinct and into the streets of Manhattan. What the hell happened? What were you charged for?"

The warm night breeze felt so good in my icy skin, unfortunately it wasn't enough to make me fully relax. That's when I told her everything about the situation, the two of us stood on the sidewalk next to the precinct.

"You waited all this time to tell me this." She said calmly, but I knew from her stern face expression that she wanted to blow up. "Do you know where Samuel could be?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I have no clue. Apparently he's close by for the New York police department to arrest me. I can't believe this happened." I whined but kept my composure.

Violet sighed heavily before grabbing my hand and tugging down the street in the direction of my apartment. "I'm going to take you home and figure this out from there."

"You're mad, I can tell. I didn't know she'll go through great lengths such as this one. Christ, it's going to be on my permanent record."

"If this woman was willing enough to use her own son as a pawn in her sick game; then she has no remorse in risking her life and yours in such way. You trust others so easily..."