Quick ch.25

I tapped my thumbs along my lap, pondering over the small, blue diamond ring that my friend was observing. The question of the day was: is it the right time?.. Two months is not long, but this kinda feels..right. I just need a third opinion from a loyal friend to finally make my decision, to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Irvine, for the first time in a long time, lost for words. She held onto the ring while staring down at it, "I-It seems ancient, probably from her grandmother."

"Pro: She gave me her grandmother's ring- an heirloom. Got it." I said while taking a deep breath.

Irvine took a deep breath as well, "I'm so shocked. It's amazing, I mean she asked after two months. That's so romantic. How did she ask?"

I got to say, Violet proposal was not as romantic I expected it to be. Even though I never suspected myself to get married, I did expected a romantic gesture; like a night at the beach, or dinner. I cleared my throat while rubbing the back of my neck, "She tongue fucked me into a climax before proposing."

Irvine mouth gapped open in shock, "Wow, okay then. That's sorta romantic, kinda. It doesn't matter about the presentation, it's about the delivery."

"Uh.."

"The delivery was bad too?"

"Uh, no. It was unexpected. Pro: Violet told me to think about it."

Irvine gave me two thumbs up, "Great." She placed the ring in my hand. "So, you want my opinion?"

I nod my head yes, "Definitely."

Irvine sighed heavily before flipping her head over her shoulders, "Um, honestly...No, it's way too soon."

I lost my breath, once again. "No?"

"I mean, two months is not enough time to know someone truly. What do you know about Violet other than her outer layer of life? Do you know her past? Her inner core? Other than sex, what do you two have in common?"

"Well..." I thought and thought until I came up with an answer. "Oh shit." I rubbed my eyes and groaned.

Irvine sighed before clearing her throat, "What my mom would say in this situation: 'Follow your heart and wish for the best..' If you think this is right, then go for it."

I groaned once more and smacked my cheeks, "This is more complicated than the time I wanted to major in literature or business."

"Okay, this is different. Take some time, think about it."

Then I thought... and thought...and thought again until I was standing outside her door. I palmed the ring box in my sweaty hands. I knocked on her door twice and waited until I saw those sugar gray eyes I fell deeply in love with.

Violet stood there with a small smile upon her face, she looked tired as if she stayed up all night; but that didn't stop her from forcing out a smile that made her glow. "Aphrodite, hey."

"Can I come in?" I went straight in, not waiting for her answer. The apartment was the same from where I left it, being that it was only twenty-four hours since I've been here. However I still looked around to find something new or out of place, to see if this whole thing isn't a dream or hallucination. Which it's not, which made things easy but also hard.