Quick ch.22

The painting in front of me was finally completed, after a few days of inspiration and time; I was finally finished. The two goddesses were fucking under the blazing hot sun and surrounded by the realm of hell. I've done the background a few days after the charity party, I made the background; only because my mods towards the world is sour.

Violet is...well she's ignoring my calls. I would call her and she wouldn't pick it. The first day was no other, I thought she was stuck in meetings. The second day was when I started to get anxious, usually she'll text me or something.

I set the paint brush down and wiped my hands clean from wet paint. I stood to my feet and looked at my phone to see no notifications; no missed phone calls, text, not even a email. I groaned while rolling my eyes, I stepped out of my room and straight towards the bathroom where I washed my hands.

On my way downstairs I spotted Mike, Neavia and two extra guest sitting in the living room. "Hello?" I gave the new faces a questionable look. They were two boys, boys I've never seen before; especially not around Mike.

All four of them looked at me oddly, as if I was an intruder. "Oh, hey Kax." Mike said. "This is Frank and Frances, our next door neighbor." They both waved before putting their attention back on the television.

I didn't say anything, I just walked into the kitchen and pulled out a loaf of bread and other items to make a sandwich. "Neavia!?"

"Yes!?"

"Are you hungry?!"

"We're hungry!" Mike yelled back with a chuckle.

I slowly rolled my eyes at him playfully, "You have two feet and hands, make it yourself!"

Neavia soon walked in with her bratz doll in hand, "I'm hungry for chicken nuggets."

I sighed heavily before saying, "Sorry Neav, we ate all the nuggets yesterday. How about a sandwich?"

Neavia pouted while crossing her chubby arms in front of her chest. We did a little stare down before she gave in and sighed. "Okay."

***

Later that day I walked down the long hall towards the oak white double doors; palms sweating, heart picking up pace and breath shallow. I knocked twice on the door,
It took a few minutes for the door to open, those sugar gray eyes burned into mine.

It took some time for me to convince myself to come to Manhattan and walk into the apartment building. I dragged Mike and Neavia to Manhattan, convinced Irvine to take them out for the day while I fix my relationship.

Violet was not excited nor angry to see me, which was kinda a good sign. "Hey," She said plainly, not even a smile.

"Hey, um..." Before I could say anything else, V moved out of the way to let me in. In which I did, I looked around the apartment to see everything was the same since I've been in here. "So, what's going on? I mean it's been awhile since you answered my calls." I pointed out.

Violet closed the door and slowly turned to look at me, "I've been busy...with meetings." A hint of hesitation coated her voice, I couldn't help but think she's lying; but I try not to think that.

"Not even a text?" I mumbled, but she heard me loud and clear. Violet brows raised as she made her way towards the living room, brushing pass me. "Did I do or say something wrong?" I followed her like a lost puppy in the living room.

"What didn't you do?"

"What does that supposed to mean?" It's not like I'm lost or confused, but I don't want to admit my mistakes. One of them not confessing my feelings to Violet that night.

Violet sighed heavily before giving me her full attention, arms crossed in front of her chest, features stern and lips formed into a thin line; she was not happy and I already hate this side of her. "Tell me Kaxity, why are you so afraid to share your feelings?"

I was a little taken back from the question, my face scrunched up as I thought. "No I'm not afraid. Is this what happened two nights ago? I mean..."

"Listen, I know you have this defense mechanism thing; but at least try to open up."

I rubbed the back of my neck, "Okay, you're jumping right into this conversation. Let me explain myself before we start to fight, yell and shit." I rubbed my eyes before explaining myself. "I'm sorry for leaving you hanging like that, it's just- this is so going to be cliche. I never been in love with anyone before, and the two relationships are either ended with me heartbroken or with bruises. So, I'm sorry that I'm not putting my feels out there- I'm just cautious."

Violet did not say anything immediately, her face soften and she let her arms dropped to her side. "I-I'm just trying to understand. It kinda did pain me when you brushed it off like that."

I stepped close to her, arms length. I wanted to touch her but I didn't have the strength to. "Sorry, I kinda took things for granted. You've been so patient with me and I was slowly pushing you away; can we start the conversation from that night over? If you want. Just jump right in."

Violet chuckled while caressing my cheek with her warm soft hand, "I love your imperfections, kindness, beauty and confidence. I love you."

My insides suddenly turned into lava, my heart picked up pace and hands became sweaty. "I love your care free attitude, sexiness, eyes, perfections, and touch. I love you too." I pulled her into a passionate kiss.

Violet suddenly pulled away, "How much I want to fuck you to next week, we can't. I have a meeting in less than a hour, rain check?"

I groan in frustration, but then nod my head in understanding. "Okay, go and do business. Text me?"

"Of course," she kissed my nose. "Love you, Aphrodite."

"Love you too, Suadela."