Quick ch.12

Standing by the large window, cradling a mug of hot chocolate while listening to soft music; it stimulated my mind. I needed the relaxation after what happened last weekend, ever since Violet and I fight, we never spoke nor seen each other. I'm quite happy that Violet and I didn't make any kind of contact, our wounds were still bleeding. I sipped my hot chocolate, a treat of mine even though it's ninety degrees and humid outside.

"So, this is what you do all day?" Maxwell walked into my assigned room just in time when I set my half empty mug on the side table.

"Only on Sundays. What you got for me?" I gestured towards the loose sheet of paper in his hand that was flapping around by his fast pace.

Max lifted the piece of paper so I can take it, "Only but the assignment of the week, this one has strict directions."

I looked it over, as o read my eyes went wide. "A sculpture?!" I said in disbelief. "That's my greatest weakness." A part of me knew Violet knew of my weaknesses, she has a file of me in her office; but I tried not to let that theory get to me.

Maxwell didn't seem all too worried about the assignment, I'm guessing he has good experience with making nothing out of something. "Miss Hunt is giving us a whole week to do it, you'll have time. Besides I'm here to help, I'm known to be a good sculptor."

"Thanks Max, I would need all the help I can get. I hope it doesn't interfere with your time, I don't want to do that to you."

Maxwell shook his he's in disagreement, "It's fine. You should start today, it'll give you more time just in case you mess up or do not like your piece."

"Okay."

"We should get the materials, come on." Maxwell walked towards the open door, me hot on his tail as we went into the storage at the other end of the hall; past Violet's closed office door. "It seems she has not stepped foot out her office today," he comment, making my insides turn into mush.

The storage room was large with isles you'll only see at Home Depot. Different tools, such as clay, stones, oil paint, brushes, canvases, film for cameras, and home tools you'll use to fix a house. Maxwell lead me to the isle full of soapstone and Alabaster wrapped in plastic, stone carving sets in wooden cases so each artist would have their own set and Italian rasps. I was amazed, even though I'm a rookie with making sculptures.

A strawberry blonde woman stood in front of the stones, examining each one of them, even though they were all the same- same size, texture, and color. "Christina?" Maxwell questioned, causing this woman to turn around with a shock look upon her face.

Her brown eyes and pink lips showed relief once she saw Maxwell. "Maxwell, darling." Christina is English, how interesting- you'll think she's American from the way she shots away from the rest of the world. From the time I stayed after and come early, I've never seen Christina- not even a glimpse.

"Kaxity this is Christina. Christina this is Kaxity." Maxwell introduced.

Christina scanned me up and down as if I was a stone, "The Naturalist? I saw your painting, they're interesting."

"Thank you." It's quite annoying for others to remember me as the Naturalist, that's the first thing they see- but I do betray myself as one...

"Christina is awesome when it comes to sculptures," Maxwell stated with a wide smile. "I'm sure Christina can help you more than I can."

Christina's brows raised in question, "You can not-"

"It's my weakness."

"Well I can assist," She chirped, suddenly her shy demeanor was gone. "Maxwell can you bring a cart, the stones are terribly heavy."