Quick ch.6

I twirled in front of the large mirror in the bathroom of the institute, since the room does not have a mirror and the only thing that can give me a reflection is the window- I had to dress up in the bathroom that oddly smelt like cheese and perfume. I wore a sun dress that Irvine made me wear, it was her dress- plain purple with a touch of blue, revealing, short- I wore flats, even though Irvine disagreed on the shoe wear- I had to put my foot down.

I did not wear much accessories, only a purple bracelet and necklace; I'm not really an earring type of girl, considering I never had my ears pierced. My hair was flat ironed and stopped at my armpits, Irvine existed I changed it up. However the hair style was not me, the thought of going out occupied my mind more than my hair.

Irvine was like a happy mom seeing her daughter go on her first date. Considering it was my first date since I've never dated a boy, nor even flirt with one. Girls or transgenders would always come my way, I've never chased anyone because I'm too busy with work and school.

"This is an emotional moment," Irvine said while fixing my hair so it can curl on the edges a little bit more.

"It's not that emotional," I scoffed. "It's probably not even an actual date. It's probably a test run, you know, test the waters."

"Well the waters are warm and you should dive in." She said before stepping away to take me in. "I knew Marcus was a good pick, not too superstar but more boy around the block."

I slowly rolled my eyes to hide my amusement, "I gotta go, I call you if things go wrong."

"If," Irvine jabbed my side. "Don't worry if your hair sweats out, you'll curls would show.... You'll still look sexy." She pat my ass while sending me a wink.

"Stop," I gave her a stern look before nudging her away. I ran my hands through my dark brown hair before taking a deep breath. I turned from the mirror to only look into a pair of sugar gray eyes that made me paralyzed and stop breathing.

Violet eyed me up and down with a smile upon her face, she walked fully into the bathroom- inching out of the way. "You look beautiful, Kaxity."

Those words were like a hit to the gut, my pulse quickened, hands were moist, feet stuck to the ground. I could not find my words nor my brain, her eyes were burning a whole in my face. Get it together Kaxity... My brain was their, but it's words were like a whisper. Violet was waiting for me to respond, but only a small squeak came out- making the whole situation even more awkward.

Irvine finally intervened, I've never been so happy of her presence. "Hello Miss Hunt. Kaxity is going on a date, with Marcus."

Violet's eyes quirked up in question, "Marcus? Wow, interesting choice."

"What does that supposed to mean?" I finally spoke up, my voice quiet and shy. I was hoping Violet didn't hear me, but she did.

"Marcus is a...He's a little plain, isn't he? His artwork is spontaneous, but his aura is plain."

I was a little taken back from her response, I didn't expect Violet to judge someone in such way. For some reason her opinion knocked some sense into my brain, Marcus may be a little plain- I'm a little plain. However I pushed Violet's opinion to the side by shrugging my shoulders. "I'm a little plain myself. I should get going, good day."

I grabbed the blue clutch off the counter and walked out the bathroom with my head held high. Show confidence... My brain kept repeating as I walked past Violet, her honey eyes burned a whole on the back of my head. I kept my composure as I made my way down the stairs towards the lobby where Marcus was waiting for me with his three piece suit. He looked like he just came from the '20s, with his hat, vest, the way his sleeves were rolled up and slacks dropped over his shoes.