Quick ch.15

You can say I'm upset... You can say I'm relieved... But you can't say I don't regret leaving Barcelona. As soon as I stepped foot in New York- the overpopulated, high priced, polluted city- I missed Barcelona's colorful, fresh, and cheerful citizens that would brighten your day. The flight back was miserable for Irvine and I, even though we flew in first class. Since Irvine was doped up, she had forgotten about us leaving- but when the movers packed her stuff, she suddenly remembered.

During the whole ride to the airport was with sobs and begging from Irvine, even during the flight. However, Oscar shut that down immediately. Now we're back in New York, back to our regular lives and routine. Well my regular boring life, at least Irvine still has her exciting life waiting for her.

Stop being a sad hag Kaxity....

I brushed the tangles out of my wet hair, I took a warm shower to get over my feelings; it kinda worked but once I stepped out the bathroom, my stupid feelings came back.

"Hey there," Mom poked her head in the guest room I was crashing in until I use the money from Barcelona and a few future checks, to buy myself an apartment.

I set the brush on the dresser in front of the mirror, "Hey." I didn't force a smile like I use to, mom would see right through me anyway; like she always do.

"You're up early," She pointed out while sitting at the edge of the bed, looking at me through the mirror with worry in her eyes.

"Yeah, I have a lot on my mind. Miss Skagård gave me her connections, they have a lot of request; I have to figure out how I'm going to do the art and space out my time. I don't want to go mental from the stress."

Mom nods her head in agreement while tugging a loose braid from her face. "Of course, but I'm not talking about that."

I sighed heavily while turning towards mom to give her my full attention. I told her everything that happened during the two weeks I've been in Barcelona, from meeting Violet to Susan shooting Irvine in that bar. Of course I left out the dirty stuff and kept things PG-13. "I'm fine. Of course I'm going to miss the scenery and culture Spain, but I'm good." Still, I did not force a smile- there was no use.

"This Violet girl-"

I rolled my eyes at her name, I didn't want to be reminded about the things nor people I left behind. It's not just Violet, it's about Maxwell, Justice, and Christina- all potential friendships that could of last longer than two weeks. Obviously I missed Violet, those sugar gray eyes, long legs, smile, and hair- who wouldn't?

"I don't want to talk about her or anything else. It's only been two weeks, New York is my real home."

"From what I understand, home is where your heart is." Mom gave me a cheeky and innocent smile that a woman her eyes can still pull off.

"Well my heart is nowhere to be found." I mumbled, luckily she didn't hear me because she'll give me a huge lecture about it. My mother has been through a lot back in the day, she takes love seriously- maybe too serious. "I'm just going to keep my heart in my chest, I don't have time to share it with anyone."

Her eyes widened in shock from my words, "Kaxity White, what- you know what never mind." She stood to her feet and made her way to the door. "I'm just going to ignore what you said, come downstairs when you're done- your father and I have some news we want to share to y'all." With that mom walked out my temporary room.

After brushing the tangles out of my hair, I made my way downstairs where the family was waiting for us. Mike and Neavia were sitting in the couch while mom and dad were standing in front of them.

Quickजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें