11 - Spring Night

*a month later*

It's almost the end of April. Time is going by fast. I still remember that night Justin and I kissed. So it turns out Justin lives 7 blocks away from me. I'm back at home safe and sound. Two more leaves have fallen. I'm having feelings for Justin. My Mom decided why not through a fancy ball.

I tried talking her out of it but it was no use, "Mom I don't want to go to The Fancy Ball your doing."

"Why not?" She asked.

"It's a terrible idea." I said.

"Fine plan a day." I know I can't plan it on the full moon so I look and said April 23rd." It was a Friday night no full moon. Justin gives me piggy back rides to school. Which is Ridiculous I tell him, but he doesn't listen.

He FaceTime me... I answered.

Me: Hello?
Jay: Hi Spring
Me: What's up?
Jay: Something you want to tell me..
Me: No.
Jay: So... There's no Fancy Ball?
Me: Oh.. yeah there is. But I don't plan on attending.

Jay: Why not?
Me: Cause I don't have a dress or I don't know where the mall is... I especially don't have a date.

Jay: Well maybe someone will go.. with you.
Me: Who would want to go with me?

Jay: Spring, could you do the honors of being my date at the Fancy Ball?

Me: I would love to.
Jay: Okay. Well I'll see you tomorrow.
Me: What day is tomorrow?
Jay: April 23rd.
Me: Really?
Jay: Yeah. My Mom is at your house helping your Mom right now. She called me about it. There inviting a lot of people...

Me: Of course, it's a Ball.
Jay: That you don't get often.
Me: Okay. I'll see you tomorrow.
Jay: Okay. Goodnight Gorgeous.
Me: Goodnight Handsome.

Than he hung up. I shut off my phone and decided to slowly go downstairs. Than I hear Justin's Mother say, "You know Marietta, we don't have Fancy Balls often."

"Yeah I know.... So what about your son what about him?" She asks.

"Which one?" Justin's Mother ask.

"Justin," My Mom replied.

"Justin never stops Talking about Spring, Marietta honest. He always talks about how pretty she is. How cool and calm she is. Everything. He never stops Talking about her."

"Think there in love?" My Mom asked. I roll my eyes. "Tell me about your daughter."

"Well Heather, Spring always asks to hangout with Justin... I saw them together once..."

"What were they doing?"

"Spring was on Justin's back. They were talking about something but they were going to school." She said.

"Justin likes to carry people on his back. No idea why..." She said.

"Do you think Justin asked Spring to the Fancy Ball yet?" She asked. I rolled my eyes again.

"Well if they did... It would be none of our business Marietta."

"I know... But I would love to see your son and my daughter Together dancing on the dance floor." She said.

"Speaking of dance floors.. where do you want the dance floor to be at?" She asked. I ran into the kitchen and got something to eat. They didn't notice me than god. "Okay sounds good. I hope you have fun Marietta." Than Heather's phone went off.

"Justin and his father are shopping for tuxes for the ball Tomorrow.... Justin seemed really excited when I told him about it." I tripped on something and than I see Heather and my Mom run in...

I say, "I was looking for.. some food." My Mother looked at me. "You going to the Fancy Ball Tomorrow?"

"Yeah..." I respond. "Really? You told me it was stupid and you didn't want to attend. What made you change your mind?" My Mom asked.

"Can't we go shopping for dresses tonight?" I ask.

"Sure why not. We could get our nails done too if you want."

"Sure." I respond. My Mother gets all happy. Heather asked, "Are you and Justin together?"

"No." I reply. She nodded and walked back into the living room. This is going to be one hell of a night.