||Chapter 15||

The next few days followed quickly.

The days always began with Mr. Queen and me eating pancakes with caramel, then me being late and Mr. Queen complaining about it.

We would go to work together but he would stay extra hours, making me take a ride home alone.

I actually got to know him better and well, somewhere deep down inside me I knew it would end up bad, but I pushed the thought away for now.

I make him coffee and separate his mail daily from important to unimportant and very important.
We would go to the kitchen for lunch, and then back to work.

It all became our daily routine.

Today was the end of the month, and that meant... my pay day!

I woke up tired like always, and after I took a long shower I went into the living room and saw a very grumpy Mr. Queen.

But his grumpiness couldn't overtake my happiness. I felt like I was going to jump on him and hug him.
I could only imagine the things I'll buy today. I agreed to go shopping with Lola.

She heard about what happened with Liam and doesn't talk with him anymore. Nor does Debi or Vicky. Jackson does since they've been best friends forever and apparently it's Jackson who got Liam really high that night. But I don't care. He should've been more responsible.

I finished separating his mail and looked at the time. It was 11am. I still had full 5 hours of work. I planned in my head what I had to do and how much it would take me.
2 hours of answering emails...
1 hour of rescheduling meetings...
And 2 hours of working on the project.

I quickly stood up and walked out of my office. I knocked on Mr. Queen's doors and I heard him saying coldly and clearly, "Come in."

I opened the doors and went inside, just like always Mr. Queen was sitting at his desk, working through papers. He didn't even look up at me.
I walked up to his desk and placed the papers on it.

"Your mail, sir." I said and he just nodded. I turned around and walked out, closing the door behind me.
I walked back to my office and started to answer his emails.

I looked at the clock about a million times and killed it with my stare each time.
The day was taking forever to end and there seemed to be endless work.

I finally looked at the clock one last time.
Two more minutes.
120 seconds...
I stared at it and sighed. The two minutes seemed like an hour. I followed every second in slow motion.
One more minute...
60..59..58..57..56..55..54..53...
I carried on counting with excitement and impatience.

The clock finally hit 4pm and I jumped out of my seat.
I took my things and rushed out of the room. The money was probably being transferred into my bank account at the moment and I smiled widely at the thought.

I ran out of the building and nearly jumped into the sparkling, grey Volvo as the driver turned on the car.
The drive, by surprise, took only 10 minutes but it seemed way longer.

I rushed out of the car and went to get changed into the penthouse.
I took a quick shower and put some mascara on my eyelashes. I curled my long hair and took one last look in the mirror. My outfit was really on point.

I took my handbag and rushed out of the bathroom.
As I entered the living room I heard the familiar ding and I looked in surprise as I wondered who it might me.
Oh hell...!

It was the blonde maid, known as 'Jessica'.
God I hate that name.
No, I hate her.

She wore the same tight, skin showing clothes and she bend over the trolley with some chocolates and champagne.

Without glancing at her I walked into the elevator she just stepped out of and I was gone before she could open her dirty mouth.
I shivered off the hatred as I walked out of the building. I was about to walk into a cab when I saw the familiar matte black Audi park not far away from me.

The familiar man opened the familiar door and a familiar Damon stepped out.
He was wearing a pitch black suit.
Matching to his soul and heart.

I giggled a bit at the thought and walked back towards the cab.
I turned around and saw that Damon noticed me but before he could stop me, like the total control freak he is, I entered the cab and ordered the man to drive away really fast.

The man didn't hesitate and we drove off into the traffic.
When I finally got to the mall, I was 7 minutes late and I could only imagine the painful ways Lola will kill me.
I saw her long blond hair immediately and a smile crawled up my face.
She noticed me and smiled widely too.

We hugged tightly and started talking.
"You're 7 minutes and 49 seconds late!" She tried to sound offended.
"I know.. I'm sorry I was stuck in traffic."
I explained.
"Whatever. Let's go shopping!!" She exclaimed excitedly while clapping her hands.
We walked off laughing and a pleasant warmth filled me up.

We walked to a hundred stores. Lola bought herself a black tight dress and a new handbag. I got myself a hundred new clothes, 3 new pairs of shoes (including high heels), jewelry and new makeup.

Lola followed me as I entered Victoria's Secret.
I love to have laced, matching lingerie so I grabbed at least 10 matching, beautifully laced pairs.
"O.M.G. Natalie, this would look SMASHING on you." She said with excitement in her voice as she turned around and showed me the most amazing red laced lingerie with a silk matching dressing gown. I gasped.

I took my size and we both headed to the exit.
I spend a lot of money for lingerie and perfumes that I even felt a little bad.

"I don't know 'bout you, but I'm starving." Lola stated as we walked down the mall.
"Yeah, me too.." I admitted.
We decided to go to Starbucks.

"So... tell me. How are you doing?" Lola asked with her mouth full of cookies.
"Ehh... good, I guess." I only then realized she doesn't know that I work or live with the scary, big Damon Queen.

"How's your apartment doing?" She asked, clearly not wanting to change the subject.

" I um, kinda don't live there anymore..." I said lowering my voice and bitting into my chocolate muffin.

"Really?! Did you move?! Where are you living now?!" She attacked me with questions and I didn't want to answer any of them.
Just tell her, straight to the point, just like
Damon always does it.

"Well, I live in Damon Queen's penthouse on the 70th and something floor and I work as his personal assistant. 5 days a week. Oh, and I have one evening free of my choice." I remembered as I blurred everything out.
Lola looked at me in shock and she chocked on her coffee.

When she stopped coughing, she looked at me very seriously and I held my breath.
She, then, bursted into laughter.
I just sat there with my face serious and waited patiently until she stopped laughing.

She looked at me and her smile dropped.
"Wait, YOU'RE SERIOUS?!?" She shouted in excitement and disbelief as everyone turned at us.

I just nodded.
She looked at me with such wide-opened eyes it looked like they were gonna pop out.
"O.M.G. Tell me everything." She said loudly and slowly.

I nodded and began to tell her everything, from the very first time I bumped into the hard chest of Damon Queen.