||Chapter 25||

"We cast a shadow on something wherever we stand, and it is no good moving from place to place to save things; because the shadow always follows. Choose a place where you won't do harm - yes, choose a place where you won't do very much harm, and stand in it for all you are worth, facing the sunshine."
~E.M Forster

****************

~1 Month Later~

"Um.. Hi. My name's Natalie Sene, today's supposed to be my first day-" I said to the old lady behind the desk but got interrupted when she grew a huge smile and widened her eyes.
"Yes! Natalie, dear! We were expecting you! It's always so exciting to get new students! Please wait here, I'll bring your planner and other things you'll need." She said smiling widely and she stood up and walked into a room behind her.

I looked around, the walls were bright purple and green. There were huge windows where through you could see the autumn rain falling down onto the huge, oak trees.

It was October, and since the college year only started a month ago, they decided it wasn't too late for me to join.
A few people wandered through the hallway; many of them giving me small smiles and nods.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply.
The lady came rushing back with tons of papers.
She sat down on her chair and turned to me, smiling again like crazy.
"This is the map of the building..." she said smoothly as she handed me a colorful paper.
"This is your planner..." she continued giving me papers...

"These are for the-" she stopped midway with the paper in the air.
I frowned and tried to notice what was wrong with her until I realized there was someone next to me.

The lady smiled excitedly and I turned to my left and saw a guy. He smiled widely at the lady with his perfect white teeth and his stormy grey eyes looked incredibly warm and friendly. He was a head taller than me and he had smooth blond hair, slicked back but still kinda messy.

Suddenly, his eyes snapped straight to mine. And in that moment, it was like everything stopped.
I stood there paralyzed by his gaze.
We kept staring at each other until the lady interrupted,
"My sweet, sweet Leo! What can I do for you, love?"

His gaze went back to the lady as he smiled back at her.
"Hi, Mrs. Turner, Mrs. Gradsie sent me to ask if you maybe have spare keys to the computer room in B12?" He said smoothly and sweetly. His voice sounded angelic to my ears.

I kept looking at him and his smoke grey eyes. They were the perfect shade, nor light, nor dark. They looked calm and loving and yet mischievous and mysterious.
The guy, which name I guessed was Leo, was very handsome.

"Of course, sweetheart! Wait a moment I'll bring them to you, love!" She said motioning her arms with happiness.
"Can you wait 2 minutes, Natalie, dear? I'll be right back." She smiled at me and I exhaled the breath I didn't knew I was holding.

"Yeah, sure. No problem." I said quietly.
She just smiled and nodded as she walked away to the room behind her, closing the doors.
And there it came, the awkward silence.
I avoided his eye contact but I could feel his stare on me.

I have to admit, this guy made me nervous.
After a while, the stranger broke the silence.
"So... are you new?" He asked and I snapped to him just to be already greeted by his stormy eyes.
"Um... yes. Today's my first day..." I chuckled nervously.

"Don't worry. It's not as crap as it looks." He smiled and we both chuckled.
"I'm Leo, by the way." He smiled sincerely at me, his eyes filled with hope and curiosity as he held his hand out and I shook it without hesitation.
"Well, hello Leo. I'm Natalie." I said trying not to stumble upon my words.
His hand was big, smooth and cold.
"You know... if you want... I can show you around here? The building's pretty complicated..." he smiled nervously.
I bit my lip and smiling I replied,
"Uh... yeah. S-sure..." I wanted it say more but nothing came out and I just stood there with my mouth trying to find words but only air coming out.

"Great. What class do you have?" He asked confidently.
I looked at my planner but I couldn't understand any of it.
ENCPN SMT A64 ?!

What the hell does that even mean?!
I frowned and looked up at Leo.
"I-I.... I don't know." I said, embarrassed.
I looked back at the paper and it irritated me.
Leo started to laugh at me, making me smile.
His laugh was so sweet.

"What are you laughing at?" I asked smiling.
"Let me see that." He said but he already took the paper from my hands.
"You have English Composition with Mr. Smith at A64 in about 13 minutes." He said looking at his watch.

I whispered a small "oh." under my breath and looked away.
Where is A64?
We both snapped when the lady came flying back in with a set of huge pink keys in her hand.

"There you go, sweetheart." She said handing the keys to Leo.
"And there you go, dear." She said giving me the rest of the papers.
"Hope your first day goes well, love." She said grinning and I smiled back at her and whispered a small 'thank you'.
I turned to Leo just to find him already staring and smiling.

"Well... since we have the same class I guess we should go." He said, smirking.
Do we really have the same class?
I smiled back at him and nodded.
"But first, I have to give those keys to Mrs. Gradsie. Come with me?" He asked carefully.
"Sure." I answered, quick and easy.

He smiled and gestured for me to go. I walked past him and he caught up quickly, showing me the way.
We walked up the stairs and then took a left, then a right, then a left and we arrived in a blue walled corridor with lots of classrooms.
I waited outside as he entered a small office and talked with a teacher which I guessed was Mrs. Gradsie......

Damon
"Yes, sir. I have finished university and I worked for the Fly Co. that's how I have a lot of experience in this kind of job, Mr. Queen." The thin and small guy said as he forced himself to half smile.

I inhaled and exhaled.
"Fine. You're starting tomorrow." I said coldly and ordered him to leave. I couldn't even remember what his name was, and honestly, I didn't give a fuck.

He immediately stood up from the chair and rushed out of my office.
I finished signing some papers and decided to take the rest of the day off.
As I walked out of the building, my phone rang.

I looked at it.
Rob...?
I frowned and answered it.
Before I could say anything Rob's troubled voice said,
"Sir, we have a problem."

Natalie
I sighed as I followed Leo through the doors.
The classroom was huge and everyone's eyes were on me.

Leo and I walked up to Mr. Smith who was busy cleaning his board.
"Mr. Smith, this is Natalie. She's new." Leo said confidently and I smiled as the teacher turned around and smiled excitedly, making his face look a bit funny.

"Yes. Hello, Natalie, I'm Mr. Smith and I'll be teaching you English Composition. Take a seat wherever you like." He said while shaking my hand and pointing to the class.
As Leo and I sat down, I heard some girl whisper,

"How come she's new and already gets the hottest guy?"

My first day was alright, but I was aching to go to bed.
After the bell rang I quickly rushed out the classroom and then out of the building, getting a little bit lost here and there.

I decided to walk to Lola's house since I needed some fresh air.
I hung my bag over my shoulder and began to walk.

I didn't notice how long I was walking but the sky began to darken. I walked into a path completely surrounded by huge, huge trees. It looked beautiful, the autumn colors and the fresh, sweet air. A little rain started to pour and the trees swung to the music of the wind, losing its leaves in the process.
A few light posts were all that kept the darkness away.
I was alone and I enjoyed it.

Thoughts came rushing to my mind and I got completely lost in them.
I looked at the trees as the wind blew my hair.
I little shiver went down my spine as the rain got colder.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I noticed a dark figure coming towards me. I didn't mind though, it's a public place.
I just kept walking and staring at the leaves that fell all around me.

How long am I gonna pretend to myself that I'm okay? That I don't miss him? That I'm not longing for his touch? I must be crazy. He's just trouble... I have to stay away from him...
I snapped out of my thoughts as the stranger was getting close now. I stiffened when I could slowly see his face.
But again, that stranger wasn't quite a stranger to me.