||Chapter 19||

"Um... Damon...!" I shouted from my bedroom.
"Yes?" He answered.
"I don't think I look good in this..."

"What are you talking about? Let me see."
"Wait! Don't come in! I'll be out in a second." I shouted nervously.

The dress actually looked good on me, it's me that didn't look good on the dress.
I went to a hairdresser and she pinned my hair in such a beautiful bun I was left speechless.
It was a little messy, curls pinned everywhere.

It was messy, yet neatly done. There were also those long curls that were laying on my back.
Now, a small curl escaped my bun and was now hanging on one side of my face.

I tried to pin in somewhere but knowing me I would ruin the whole hairstyle.
We even had stylists coming to our penthouse, they measured us and one lady gave me a 'corset' under my dress. She laced it so tightly I have trouble breathing.

I wonder how Damon looks...
I sighed nervously and walked out of my room. Damon was standing with his back to me until he heard the door close behind me.
He turned around slowly and my mouth dropped open.

He was wearing clearly an expensive, pitch black suit with a perfectly white shirt underneath. He looked so handsome my knees felt weak. My breathing was unsteady and my heart skipped a beat. His hair were perfectly slicked back with the perfect amount of gel and his eyes, god. I could smell from there his addictive and legs melting cologne.

When he met my eyes I thought I was gonna faint. I could only imagine how his perfect abs moved inside that shirt.

His bow tie was also pitch black, neatly done. Everything he did or wore, seemed like perfection. He even moved with this attractive confidence and I can only imagine how many girls would die for him, especially if he's a billionaire. This guy was every girl's dream.
The only problem was that he's harsh, cold, ruthless and sadistic.

And then there was me. I was nervously standing with a curl across my face, my shoulders bare and my breathing so unsteady I was about to faint.

Damon walked up to me and we stared at each other. His presence made me so nervous it was like the first time I realized I was standing in front of Damon Queen, the billionaire.

"You look wonderful." He said with his cold voice.
"Thanks, I guess. You don't look so bad yourself." I mumbled out, my voice shaking.

"Just one more thing." He grabbed me by my
slim waist and turned me around, making me face a huge mirror in front of us.

Maybe I don't look that bad after all...
I actually looked pretty. Even the traitor curl looked like it was meant to be there and my red matte lips looked quite lovely.
The dress smelled like roses, and so did the perfume I used.

Damon stood behind me and took something out.
It was a necklace. He put it around my neck and I gasped.
It was the most beautiful necklace I have ever seen.

"Try not to lose it. I payed a lot for these diamonds." My mouth dropped open.
"They're diamonds?!" I said excitedly.
He just nodded.

He pinned it carefully at the back of my neck and then put his hands around my waist. He rested his face on my shoulder and we just stood there, staring in the mirror.
"Why? Why did you bought me all this?" I asked confused.

"You are my acquaintance tonight. You represent me. I cannot allow you looking anything less than perfect."

"And? Did I reach your standards tonight?"
I asked not sure if I wanted to hear the answer.
"You reached beyond it, darling."

When we exited the building, a luxurious black limousine was waiting for us.
My breathing wasn't doing very well at that moment and I grabbed Damon's arm to help myself keep balance on my very high heels.
He looked at me and I knew his expression asked if I'm alright.