||Chapter 24||

"Liam?!"
"Natalie?!"

We looked at each other with shock. Liam turned the lights on, probably to see if it's really me.

He looked good, he had a long sleeved black shirt and black jeans. I could see a small scar above him left brow which I guess he got from
Damon.
He stared at me with disbelief.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, irrationally.
"I-I'm-.... wait, what the hell are you doing here?" He asked suspiciously.

"I live here you asshole!" I shouted at him motioning my arms with anger.
"Oh..." he said, curiously.
I frowned.

"I-I'm waiting for Lola. She asked me to bring her spare house keys back." He said swinging the keys around his finger.
I just sighed.

"Lola won't probably be back tonight. Leave them here and get out." I said, tiredness in my voice.
He looked at me up and down.

"Wait... were you on a date?" He asked with a bit of sadness, curiosity and surprise.
I rolled my eyes.
"None of your business!" I said, annoyed.
As I began to walk away, he stood in front of me, blocking my way.

"W-wait, Natalie. I-I never got the chance to apologize. I... I was a complete jerk and I got... really high even though I promised myself not to. I... I like you, Natalie. And... well... just know that I'd never hurt you. I'm so sorry for forcing that kiss. I really am. I'm sorry. Will you ever forgive me?"

He said looking sad and kinda cute. Somehow, I wanted to forgive him.
"Liam...I-I don't know... maybe. But... just give me time..." I said, my voice shaking a little.
"Yes of course..." he said slowly.

"I think you should go, Liam..." I said feeling a little sorry for him.

He nodded sadly and walked past me towards the doors.

When he was outside he took one last look at me.

"Goodnight, Natalie."

"Goodnight, Liam..."

And then the doors were closed.

I rushed upstairs and threw myself on the bed.
"Uhhhhhhh" I groaned with my face in the pillow.

After I took a long, hot shower, I put my pajamas on. It was a loose, soft crop top with a bunch of smileys on the middle and I had grayish, comfy shorts.
After noticing that it was already midnight, I threw myself on the bed.
There were a lot of thoughts going through my mind...

I wonder how Damon is doing... he's probably doing all the luxurious stuff a billionaire would do.

I bet he's sleeping with some whore right now...

Was I a whore to him, too? Because I let him kiss me? No... that doesn't make a girl a whore. And I can't be a whore since I'm still a virgin.
I bet he hired some hot bitch to be his new PA...

I mean, it's not like I'm jealous or something, screw him...!

~Flashback/Dream~
I walked through the hallway with my head down, praying that no one would make any stupid comment about my messy hair or red eyes with smudged mascara.
I walked to my locker and tried to open it. My hands were shaking and I just couldn't get the numbers right.

I couldn't open it the first time,
The second time,
And the third time.
"Damn it!" I screamed silently, hitting the goddamn locker.

It was already the second bell and I tried to open my locker one more time.
"Just breathe. In... and out." I said taking a deep breath.
I attempted to open my locker one more time, this time more calmly.

It finally threw open and I sighed in relief. I took my books out and headed to class.
I felt surprised when I saw that the hallways were empty.
I hesitated when I entered my biology class.
I took a deep breath and walked through the door knowing everyone's eyes were on me.
"Good morning, Miss Sene. This is the third time you're late for my class." Mr. Robinson said with his hands crossed.

"I-I'm sorry..." I mumbled out and took my seat at the front left corner.
After marking me on the register he carried on talking about some biology stuff. I tried to concentrate but my eye lids got heavy and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

"Natalie Sene!!" I heard Mr. Robinson scream and I jumped in my seat with shock. I could hear the faint laughter in the background.
"Y-yes, s-sir.." I mumbled out as I tried to quickly straighten myself up. Mr. Robinson was staring at me with his big, brown eyes and full, red lips. He looked about 25, and he already slept with half of the queen bees at this school.

He was about to say something but the bell rang.
Everyone rushed out and so did I before Mr. Robinson would stop me.

I stood in front of my poetry class.
I sighed.
My hands were shaking and my breathing was heavy.
I hated this class.

I love poetry. I still get lost in lots of books and find myself writing poems. I also used to collect all my favorite quotes from the books I read. But only the most special, fascinating quotes would get a place in my poetry book.
But I hate my poetry class because all the mean girls are there. Since they started to attend poetry, I would get nervous reading my poems out loud, they would always say how horrible or embarrassing they are.

We were halfway through the lesson and I lost myself in the papers.
I jumped- we all jumped-  when the doors flew open with a loud 'bang!'.

Everybody's eyes were on those doors. Dead silence among us.
We were all staring at the man who disturbed our lesson.
A very drunk, angry man.
My stepfather.
He had a nearly empty bottle of whiskey in his right hand and he walked- tried to, nearly falling down- to the teacher.
Our kind Mrs. Goodwin stood there speechless, unsure how to react.

I started panting and my palms were sweaty.
Anxiety was building inside me and I sat there, paralyzed, in my chair.
"Where is she?!" He shouted spitting all over himself as he held the desk with one arm to steady himself.
I ducked in my chair, praying, for him not to see me. I closed my eyes and held the tears back.

Not here...

Not in front of everybody...

Please... just go away...

Please...

"Um... excuse me, sir? We are in the middle of the lesson-" Mrs. Goodwin finally started to talk but being the jerk he is, he completely ignored her and scanned the class for the person he was looking for. It was still dead silence between the students.
"Where the fuck is she?!" He shouted as he threw his empty bottle to the bin with a loud 'smash!' when it hit the bottom. We all slightly jumped in surprise.

Then, his eyes met mine.

You know that feeling, when you are so embarrassed or humiliated or so tired of everything you just want to disappear? That in that certain situation you just want the ground to swallow you or just vanish into thin air? Because you know something humiliating was going to happen, or already did, that the urge to get out and disappear is so strong you just don't want to exist.
Well, that was how I felt when he locked his eyes with mine.
His angry, ruthless, stone cold eyes.