Chapter 3

Danielle sat on her bed, slowly tracing in the outline of her drawings on her sketchpad. It was the morning after her and Sam bought the Camaro, and Sam has been driving it non-stop since the minute they buy it off Bobby. Danielle was jealous, only sitting in the passenger seat, while Sam was having the time of his life, driving his new toy. She was patient with Sam, knowing that he still knows that she would enjoy driving, and eventually, she'll have that chance- hopefully soon, Danielle thought.

As she finishes giving the last touches the the crescent moon she drew, she heard a familiar engine roar, making her look outside her window, thankful that right where she sat on her twin bed, there was a window low enough for her to notice her twin brother pulling up in their Camaro. Danielle huffs, closing up her sketchbook, and sitting up from her dark blue sheet-covered bed, resting the sketchbook on her pillow, before walking barefoot towards her dresser, pulling out the first drawer on top. That was when an idea pops into Danielle's thoughts.

"Maybe Sam will let me drive the car if I wash it...it does need a clean anyway" Danielle thinks to herself, before smiling.

Luckily, the top drawer was her summer clothes, as she quickly tugs her hands in, looking for her swimsuit for a summer day like this.

"Bingo" Danielle says to herself, as she pulls out a yellow 2-piece bikini. Knowing her father, she wouldn't be caught dead wearing that outfit, if she was going to just wash the car. So, she opens the drawer right underneath the already open one, pulling out black shorts that were fairly short in a father's eyes. She slips both the bikini and the shorts on, and grabs her black sunglasses off from her working desk, slipping them on. Danielle hums to herself, as she walks towards her door, noticing her summer flip-flops by the side, and slips them on her feet, before walking out of her room. Her room was right next to Sam's on the second floor, their parents across the other side of the floor to them. She struts down the staircase, and walks into the kitchen, seeing her loving twin, Sam, eating an apple from the fridge. Sam notices her, and gives a confused look, "What's with the getup?"

"This, my dear Sammy," Danielle says, looking over at him, "Is me going out there to wash the car. And you gotta let me drive it."

"But I was going to take Miles and I to the lake later on tonight" Sam whines.

"The park? Isn't that where Trent is hosting their party?"

"It's a community lake, people can go."

"..You just want to impress Mikaela, don't you?"

Sam's cheeks turn beet red, as he turns his head away from his sister, throwing his half-eaten apple in the garbage, "N-No I don't."

Danielle smirks, "Yes you do. And, it just so happens, Mikaela and I happen to be friends. So, let's say I decide to go the party tonight, and I bring my sweet brother with me, under one condition."

"What's that?"

"I'll let you drive it tonight, but next time, that bad-boy is mine for the weekend."

"Deal" Sam confirms without any hesitation.

Both twins shake on it, and Sam starts to walk by the staircase, Danielle knowing he was walking to his room, "Be ready by 2, Sam!"

Sam gives a grunt of acknowledgement, and Danielle sighs, before walking outside, into the backyard, where both her parents, Judy and Ron, were at.

The minute Danny walks outside into the back, she had already gotten her mother's attention.

"Oh my God, Danielle! You look gorgeous!" her mother, Judy, gushes.

Danielle braces herself, seeing her mother rise up from the ground, wearing her gardening outfit, already dirty, as rushes over to Danielle. Danielle sucks back a breath, feeling her mother give her a tight hug, feeling like she was squeezing the life out of her. Unlike Judy, Ron, as well dressed in his outside clothes, watches from his kneeling position.