Chapter 11

The wind hits Danielle's face harshly, as she nearly pedals for her life, her brother, Sam, right beside her. And, unfortunately, their car was right behind them, steadily following them.

The only problem was there wasn't any driver driving the Camaro. Danielle huffs, pushing her body further as she pedals rapidly away from the Camaro, hot on Sam's tail. She hears the Camaro's engine sputter lowly, sending chills down her spine, making her quickly glance back, seeing the Camaro follow them on the sidewalk, instead of on the street.

"Stop!" Sam yells beside her, his face a look of horror.

Danielle follows Sam as he rides over to the main streets, with the idea of oncoming traffic being able to separate the twins from the "demon car".

"No, no, no, no, no, no" Sam murmurs repeatedly, Danielle noticing his shoulders visibly shaking with anxiety. Danielle, herself, was terrified. She couldn't fathom anything that was happening around her, solely focusing on making her legs work, to get away from her car.

As she glances around her, she notices Sam drifting over to the sidewalk, herself noticing a sharp crack on a sidewalk, separating two slabs of concrete. It was a guarantee wipeout for people on wheels, and Danielle tries to get Sam's attention.

"Hey, Sam-"

"What, Danielle? Can't you see I'm a little-"

His sentence was cut out as Sam flips in the air, his bike wheel connecting with the broken sidewalk. He launches over his handlebars, landing 3 feet away from his bike on his back. Danielle winces, watching the whole thing, pedaling over to her groaning brother.

"Sam? Danny?"

Danielle glances over to the source from the voice, her eyes widening at the sight of Mikaela, who was sitting with a few girls, sipping on a soda can. Sam hears Mikaela's voice, grunting.

"Hi" Sam greets, wincing at the end.

Danielle just gives a sheepish smile, pulling her brother off of the ground.

"That was....," Mikaela trails off, "That was really awesome."

"Well, it felt awesome.." Sam responds, dusting himself off.

"Are you two okay?" Mikaela asks both Sam and Danielle, taking another sip of her soda, before setting it down on the outside picnic table.

"We're not okay, all right?" Sam nearly snaps, grabbing his bike, "I'm losing my mind a little bit. I'm getting chased by my car right now. I got to go."

Danielle glances over at Mikaela, vaguely hearing in the distance the all so familiar Camaro's engine spurring, before getting back on her bike, quickly following behind Sam as he drastically pedals away, looking as if he is being chased by a ghost. And, in this case, it doesn't sound far-fetched.