Chapter 7

It was only 1:30 in the early morning, and all around the neighborhood was quiet, everyone is asleep. Danielle rests comfortably on her bed, the covers almost tucking her into her like a burrito. Right after she had parked the Camaro into the driveway, Sam had nearly bolted into his room, leaving Danielle still in the car, just being still. It wasn't that she in incapable to get out of the driver's seat, it just that she didn't want to. Her hands rest comfortably onto the steering wheel, the pads of her thumbs stroking the leather ever so gently. Her gaze was more transfixed into the insignia, perplexed at the symbol. The low rumble of the engine fills Danielle's ears, using her right thumb to brush over the clean insignia she had previously cleaned over 6 hours ago. Thoughts clouded her mind, making her adjust her position on the warm leather seat underneath her. The cold wind nips at her arms, causing her to involuntary shiver, rubbing her arms as a response.

"Why am I even here?" Danielle thinks to herself, "I should be in bed by now, dreaming about nothing."

She follows her gut, unbuckling herself from the driver's seat, getting out of the car, shutting and locking the door behind her. As she walks away, she turns her head back to the vintage car, an expression of worry on her face. Her conscious kicks back in, making her turn her head back around, and to enter the backside of her house, her mind still wandering over to the Camaro for unknown reasons.

Danielle sighs, tossing and turning in her bed. She couldn't figure out why she wasn't blissfully sleeping, only knowing that she couldn't sleep; her mind racing at every second of a minute.

Minutes pass, the chill air making Danielle shiver in her bed.

"Why is my room so freezing? It was warm earlier today, it's only June" Danielle thinks to herself, holding the blue covers closer to her tan body.

It had been at least 3 hours, maybe 4, after she and Sam dropped off Mikaela at her house, before returning home. It seems like Sam was dead asleep, Danielle hearing his obnoxious snoring through two walls over. It was almost like a lullaby for Danielle, her eyes slowly drifting closed, sleep starting to overcome her.

But it was no longer one of those regular nights.

"Oh, God. No, no, no, no, no!"

Danielle's eyes open wide, hearing her twin's screams, nearly sprinting out of her own bed. With the icy air nipping at her exposed legs, Danielle throws her blankets back on her bed, instead of running barefoot over to a stray zip-up jacket that rests on top of her chair that was for her desk, zipping it over her small long sleeve t-shirt. Being half-dazed, Danielle can barely hear outside, a familiar engine roaring in the distance.

"Dad, call the cops!" Sam yells out throughout the house, Danielle hearing the slam of the door that led toward outside. Danielle follows the sound of the door being slammed shut, herself running towards the front door, leading over to the front porch. Danielle winces, feeling the prickly rocks layered on the ground lightly stab her bare feet. She glances over to the street in front of her, eyes widening at the sight.

She noticed the faded yellow Camaro straight away, as it was driving down the street, Sam on its trail, riding his bike, a black, old rickety BMX bike that desperately needed a new paint job and new tires. Everything starts to process in Danielle's sleep-deprived head, as she runs back inside of the house, heading straight for the landline phone that was installed into the wall. She grabs it hastily, punching in the 3 numbers she remembers learning as a kid, holding the phone close to her ear.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Yes, hi, um, my car just got stolen" Danielle manages to say through the phone, her throat closing in on her, making it harder to talk.

"Okay, ma'am. What street is your car heading out to?" the lady on the other line asks.

"Um..." Danielle mumbles, taking a peek out the window of where Sam had chased the Camaro down the street, "I think it's going down on Pittsburgh Avenue, towards the factories."

"Thank you, ma'am. Is there anyone on the pursuit after the kidnapper?"

"Yeah, my brother, Sam Witwicky....He's trying to get it back...please, help him!" Danielle pleads.

"We will be there as fast as we can, Miss Witwicky. Stay inside and be safe, thank you."

Before Danielle can say anything else, the call ends. The brunette huffs, placing the phone back in its little case that was plastered on the wall, resting her back beside it. Feeling her stomach doing flips, she starts to worry about her twin brother.

"Danielle! What's going on?" Ron yells out.

Danielle glances over towards the stairwell, seeing both Ron and Judy, dressed in their pajamas. Ron held this old flashlight, while Judy places her right hand on Ron's left shoulder, both of them looking down at their daughter.

"Dad....the Camaro's been stolen," Danielle says to them, "And Sam decided to be the hero for once and chase after it....."

"Did you call the police, sweetheart?" Judy asks her, going down the steps.

"Yeah, they just said they'll be there to help out Sam."

Everyone stands in silence, before Ron clears his throat, catching the other two girls in the house's attention.

"Why don't we all go in the living room and sit on the couch? I'm sure the police will have this under control and Sam will be safe" Ron offers.

Both girls immediately nod their heads, following Ron into the living room.

However, as Danielle listens to Ron and Judy make small talk, her mind still wanders over to Sam and the car. She, of course, hopes Sam will be okay, but yet, she also hopes the car will be okay too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, guys! I can't believe we have over 1.6 K views! That's so amazing! I'm really sorry for not updating in a while, I've been busy with school work and dealing with personal family stuff but now I'm back and I can't wait to finish this story for you guys and make many more! This is a short chapter, and I'm sorry about that, but hopefully, it will help quench your guys' thirst for reading this story, at least, until I make the next chapter. Anyway, au revoir!

Salut les gars! Je ne peux pas croire que nous avons plus de 1,6 K vues! C'est tellement incroyable! Je suis vraiment désolé de ne pas avoir été mis à jour depuis un moment, j'ai été occupé avec le travail scolaire et avec des trucs familiaux personnels mais maintenant je suis de retour et j'ai hâte de finir cette histoire pour vous et de faire beaucoup plus! Ceci est un court chapitre, et je suis désolé, mais j'espère que ça aidera à étancher la soif de vos gars de lire cette histoire, au moins, jusqu'à ce que je fasse le chapitre suivant. En tout cas, au revoir!