Chapter 18

Danielle almost collapses right on the spot, hearing the robot speak. She should have expected it, since the cop car had talked to her and Sam the same way this truck did. It was she was more used to the way The Camaro talked, that she thought all the "good guys" would speak using their radios.

"They know your name" Mikaela whispers to Sam, holding onto his hand tightly with her free hand.

Danielle glances over to the other brunette, seeing her eyes stare at the robot in front of her in horror. She softly squeezes Mikaela's hand, trying to give as much reassurance to her as she possibly can.

"Yeah?" Sam says to the large robot in front of them.

The large robot takes a look at each one of the three. When his sights stare down at Danielle, a look Danielle wouldn't be able to describe appears on his face, but vanishes quickly, going back to its original cold stare, "My name is Optimus Prime. We are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron."

Danielle glances away from the Peterbilt, known as Optimus Prime, feeling a warm feeling encompass her chest. She looks over to the sudden movement, seeing a yellow Hummer-like robot step forward, it's hospital lights shining light on the 3 teenagers, "But you can call us Autobots, for short."

"Autobots" Danielle mumbles to herself, staring up at the yellow Hummer.

Just as the 3 teenagers stare at each of the robots around them, the one to the far right, previously being a silver Pontiac Solstice, speaks to them.

"What's crackin, little bitches?" the robot speaks, it's voice deeper than Danielle would expect from a normally small car, making her nearly flinch from its voice. The robot was smaller than all the other robots amongst them, only standing at least over 10 feet. It made sense, as the Pontiac Solstice is normally a small sports car, only being able to accommodate two people.

"My first lieutenant," Optimus Prime says, introducing the Solstice, "Designation, Jazz."

At the sound of his name, Jazz starts to do twists and twirls with his body, all the while showing off to the 3, "This looks like a cool place to kick it."

He stops suddenly, sitting abruptly on top of a damaged car, making it even more broken by Jazz's weight, said robot folding his arms, trying to make himself look cool. Sam notices this, and starts to fidget in his stance.

"What is that? How did he learn to talk like that?" Sam questions, gesturing to Jazz.

"We've learned Earth's languages through the World Wide Web" Optimus explains briefly to him.

The 3 process this information, but not for long, as a loud, whirring mechanical sound erupts behind them. Startled, Sam turns around, his momentum and sudden movement making Danielle and Mikaela turn as well. Danielle feels the hairs on the back on her neck straighten, goosebumps on her arms, as she stares right into two loaded cannons in front of their faces, twice the size of their head. Danielle glances at both cannons, finding the one closest to her blue, the other, by Mikaela, a vivid yellow.

"My weapons specialist, Ironhide" Optimus Prime introduces, gesturing to the robot having cannons on his arms.

The cannons in front of the teenagers lowers, revealing Ironhide. It was previously the large, black truck they have seen earlier drive down the alleyway towards them. Ironhide stares down at the three, his blue optics angling towards Sam, as well as angling his cannons towards him.

"You feeling lucky, punk?" Ironhide snarks towards Danielle's twin brother.

Sam nearly freezes up, holding onto Danielle's shoulder with a death grip, shaking his head sideways to the large Autobot.