Chapter 5

The steady roar of the Camaro's engine was the only thing keeping Danielle partially awake, as the awkward silence between Sam and Mikaela was nearly deafening to her ears. Danielle was positively bored, as she subconsciously trails her fingers on the leather surface underneath her, unaware of the little coughs the engine would give each time she would run her finger over a certain spot. She knew that she likes the Camaro, grateful for even having the opportunity to own half of it, but she knew that there was more to the Camaro then what she would think.

    "So...uh.." Sam tries to speak, but trails off.

    It was silent again, until Danielle hears Mikaela mumble under her breath, "I can't believe that I'm here right now."

    Danielle opens her eyes and looks over at Mikaela, a disapproving frown on her face.

    "If she doesn't like being here, there's a door. Don't let it slap you on the way out" Danielle thinks bitterly, as she drapes her forearm over her eyes, blocking out the bright sunlight from the window.

    "You can duck down if you want. I mean, it won't hurt my feelings" Sam offers, Danielle noticing a hint of sadness in his voice.

    "Oh, no, no, no," Mikaela rushes, "I didn't mean here with you. I just meant here, like, in this situation, this same situation that I'm always in. 'Cause I don't know, I guess I have a weakness for hot guys, for tight abs and really big arms.."

Danielle suppress a laugh, knowing that she was almost on the same boat as Mikaela.

    "Too bad that most of said guys are already taken, or just plain jerks...like Trent!" Danielle thinks to herself, as she stares up at the Camaro's interior roofing in front of her. She barely hears Sam's mumbling, but turns her head, her eyes widening at the sight in front of her.

    "Well, there's a couple new additions to the car," Sam says to Mikaela, before giving a tight flex of his arms, pointing over at the little light connected to the ceiling between him and Mikaela, "Like, I put that light there," he then points over to the disco ball that was hanging on the rear view window stand, "And the disco ball. And so the light reflects off the disco ball."

    Danielle follows Sam's pointing, and gazes at the disco ball, that was right next to a little sign. The sign was a picture of a bee, with the captain "Bee-otch!" in the middle of it. Danielle smiles, seeing the cute looking angry bee. But, she knew Sam was lying about the "new additions". Those things were already put up before Sam and her got the Camaro; it was just there, for no reason. But, it did make the dirty blonde girl think.

    "The colors of the car to match that bee- or bumblebee, if I get practical," Danielle thinks, "The car does look like a Bumblebee kind of car."

    "So, are you new to school this year? Is this your first year here?" Mikaela asks, breaking the silence.

    Danielle can literally feel Sam's heart being torn apart by Mikaela's words, she doesn't even recognize him! And yet, Mikaela is friends with Danielle, said girl being Sam's twin sister.

    "Oh, no, no," Sam replies back, "We've been in the same school since first grade."

    "Really?" Mikaela asks in disbelief.

    "Yeah. Yeah, a long time. Danielle is my sister, you know."

    "Really? I didn't know that. Do we have any classes together?"

    "Yeah."

    "Really? Which?"

    "History, math, language arts, science."