Chapter 37

Once the road expands into the highway, all the Autobots and military vehicles ride next to each other on the lanes, rapidly approaching Mission City. Danielle continues to look through the front window and driver's side window, watching as everyone keeps up with them and Bumblebee. She feels warm, sitting inside Bumblebee's interior. She visibly feels the Cube's energy radiate to her, almost warm, and inviting. Her limbs don't feel sore, no longer in pain. She, for once in the last day or so, feels normal...somewhat.

As much as the warm energy radiating towards Danielle's body was soothing, it was cut short when Danielle suddenly gets chills down her spine. The feeling feels forbidden, almost like ice being melted onto her hot back. Danielle grows worried, feeling the ice cold feeling against her back begins to sting. The stinging feeling grows more as each second goes by, giving Danielle the sense of something approaching.

"Bee?" Danielle winces to the Camaro Autobot.

"Beautiful?" Bumblebee's radio flickers.

"Something is coming" Danielle states, wincing more, the stinging almost becoming unbearable.

Sam hears Danielle's statement, and turns around in the passenger seat, looking at the back window. He confirms Danielle's statement.

"No, no, no, no, no" Sam complains.

"What?" Mikaela asks, turning around to see the back window as well.

"It's the same cop!"

Hearing Sam, Danielle's eyes widened, remembering the Decepticon cop car, the Decepticon who tries to rip her and Sam apart back in the abandoned parking lot. It confirms Danielle's suspicions on why she feels the coldness against her body.

"Can transformers feel hot and cold? Could this...thing...be cold because of its a Decepticon?" Danielle thinks, letting go of her brother's hand, placing both her hands on the steering wheel, holding onto tightly.

"Block them, block them, block them" Sam chants to no one in particular.

Danielle glances over to the driver's side of the window, seeing the Autobots beside them slow down, letting Bumblebee take the lead, keeping at bay behind them, rear guarding them against oncoming Decepticons. Danielle feels another presence of a Decepticon, wincing once more from the pain. With Sam and Mikaela not listening, Bumblebee's radio calls out to Danielle.

"Beautiful- don't look back"

"What?" Danielle questions, looking over at the radio system in Bumblebee's interior, "I'm fine-"

"It kills me to see you like that- just keep looking- forward for me" Bumblebee interrupts her, giving a plea.

Hearing Bumblebee, Danielle forces herself to look away from the driver's side window, and focus her sight in the front window, holding onto the steering wheel tightly. As much as Danielle wants to see the sight happening behind her, she couldn't bring herself to do it. Part of her doesn't want to disappoint Bumblebee, and part of her doesn't want to feel the ice cold energy hurting her again.

"Oh, my God" Mikaela whispers in the backseat to Sam.

Danielle can hear the distant explosions, the distant poundings of battle, making her grit her teeth. She can feel Bumblebee trying to ease her thoughts, feeling the seat belt press against her softly, the seat underneath her warming up. With the explosions in the distance behind Danielle, her thoughts begin to flood. But, before she can properly think, Bumblebee and the remaining Autobots and military personnel arrive at Mission City.