Chapter 9

It had been a solid 24 hours after the incident with the police station, and Danielle was depressed after she and Ron took Sam home. She wasn't depressed about not being able to sleep for the whole night, or having Sam in jail. No, she was depressed about losing the Camaro she and Sam purchased together. She wishes that it was her that owned the car, so she can drive wherever she wanted to, or even just say that she was the one to own the car. She still couldn't understand the reason why Sam was upset, finding his reason completely false and impossible. A standing car? No way, that's impossible.

Danielle sighs, kicking the trash can beside her desk with her boot, letting it tip to the ground, thankfully no contents inside of the trashcan. It was abnormally cold today, making Danielle wear an old plaid button up long sleeve shirt with black jeans and brown boots. She lately couldn't care less about the situation of her hair, letting it fall flat on her shoulders, covering the top of her head with a grey knit beanie. She leans back in her office chair, giving a small whine as she stretches her back out, finding it oddly pleasing hearing the little cracks her back gives leaning back, like cracking her knuckles.

The door to her bedroom was wide open, herself hearing Sam down the hall from her in his own room. Danielle can easily notice how Sam was bummed out about going to jail and as well as losing the Camaro. She slowly struts down the hallway, trying to not give away her position from her scruffy boots. She rests her hand on the open doorframe, casually peeking her head to find Sam lying on his bed, wearing an old t-shirt and boxers. Unlike her room, Sam's room was messy, with scattered magazines and sports equipment everywhere, along with comic books too and action figures. The only thing Danielle envies was Sam managed to get a TV in his room, having it propped on the far side of his room on top of a shelf. Biting her lip, Danielle carefully knocks on the door.

"Sammy?" Danielle asks quietly.

Sam's gaze switches from the television to his sister, his eyes softening at her. He casually lifts his left arm up, using an old code that he and Danielle made as kids. Danielle, catching on, walks over to her brother, sits down at her bed, lying down, resting her head on his shoulder, his arm wrapping around her shoulders, as the TV plays in the background.

"It was an awesome spectacle here an hour ago when over 40 C-17s lifted off this very little base. We're not told where they're going..."

"Sam?" Danielle asks her twin brother.

"Hm?" Sam hums.

"What are we gonna do today?"

"Hm... I don't know," Sam admits, "Maybe hang out with Miles, or you. Maybe go out somewhere."

"We don't have our car, Sam. We can't go anywhere without dad taking us" Danielle sighs.

"I know...." Sam mumbles, hugging Danielle closer, "I'm sorry. I couldn't get the car back fast enough, Danny. I know you really liked the car."

"It's okay. I'm just glad you're safe, or else I would have been worried more. You know, I stayed up the whole night for you."

Sam snorts, "I know. It was the twin vibe that got my senses tingling."

"Shut up."

Sam looks down at Danielle, kissing her head quickly, before hopping out of his bed, walking over to his closet to grab a pair of jeans. Danielle gives him his privacy, getting off of his bed, heading out of his room, deciding to walk downstairs, towards the kitchen. She closes the door behind him, walking down the open hallway, past her room, to their small staircase, heading down to the family kitchen, which was a decent size for a family of 8, let alone 4. Danielle walks to the refrigerator, holding the handle until she notices a little object to her side. She looks down, smiling at Sam's chihuahua, Mojo.

"Hi, baby," Danielle coos at the handicapped dog, "Want me to pick you up?"

Sam's dog whines softly, an evident look on its small face, as it tries to hobble over to Danielle's leg, the bright pink cast on its legs popping out like white against black. Danielle smiles, leaning down to pick him up ever so gently, holding the tan chihuahua in her left hand, her right opening the fridge, checking out the contents for something to munch on. Danielle sets Mojo on the kitchen counter, carefully watch the dog hobble over to the open window, hoping that Mojo doesn't take another step, or else his other leg would be casted again. As Danielle turns her head away, she hears Sam step into the kitchen.

"Morning, Mo" Sam murmurs, glancing over at his dog, Danielle decided to sit on the counter, next to Mojo, keeping a close eye on the small dog. Sam rolls his eyes, opening the fridge door, grabbing ahold of the milk jug that was on the fridge door. As he grabs the jug, Mojo starts to bark annoyingly, causing Danielle to glance over at Mojo in curiosity.

"Stop with the barking, Mojo. It's too early. Please?" Sam whines, taking a swig from the milk, resting his arm on the counter.

As Sam was about to take another swig from the milk jug, a loud sudden rev of an engine startles the two twins. Danielle and Sam take a quick glance at each other, then towards the open window Mojo was barking at, their faces going white. There, on the lawn position at the side of the house, was the Camaro Danielle had mourned for earlier that morning, in all of its black and yellow glory.