Chapter 32

"Alright, here's the situation" Simmons announces.

Simmons and the other man, Tom Banachek, the director of Sector Seven, escort over two dozen people off the tourist attraction trail of the Hoover Dam, and into the inner tunnels inside the Dam.

Along with Sam, Maggie, Mikaela, and Glen, they were accompanied by United States Soldiers from the Army. Over 16 men accompany the 4, wearing their military uniforms, unarmed.

Simmons turns around to the group behind him, "You've all had direct contact of NBEs-"

"NBEs?" A soldier asks, interrupting Simmons.

"Non-Biological Extraterrestrials," Simmons explains, rolling his eyes, "Try and keep up with the acronyms."

Simmons guides the group through a hatch inside the interior of the Hoover Dam, everyone looking around the area as they keep up with him and Banachek.

Banachek looks back at the group, gesturing at the tunnel in front of them, "What you're about to see it totally classified."

As everyone exits the tunnels, the sight in front of them was remarkable. The tunnel led them to an open cave, with over 3 dozen people in hazmat suits, all in different areas, working on multiple tasks at once. However, the group does not bother staring at the hazmat workers, no- they are staring at the giant Transformer on the other side of the cave, still, with its jaw opened. Sam notices the robot was disheveled, certain parts of the Transformer being torn apart and put back together.

"Dear, God," John Keller, Secretary of Defense, gasps out, "What is this?"

"We think when he made his approach on the North Pole, our gravitational field screwed up his telemetry," Banachek replies to Keller, "He crashed the ice, probably a few thousand years ago. We shipped him here in this faculty in 1934. We call him NBE One."

Even though his name is NBE One, Sam knows from seeing Optimus' holotape, NBE One was, in reality, Megatron, Leader of the Decepticons.

"Well, sir," Sam butts in, catching everyone's attention, "I don't mean to correct you on everything you think you know, but, I mean, that's Megatron. He's the leader of the Decepticons."

Banachek takes 10 steps over to Sam, who was standing in front of the stage where cryostasis Megatron stood, "He's been in cryostasis since 1935. Your great-great-grandfather made one of the greatest discoveries in the history of mankind."

"Fact is, you're looking at the source of the modern age, the microchip, lasers, spaceflight, cars, all reverse-engineering by studying him. NBE One," Simmons explains to Sam, looking over at Megatron's unconsciousness body, before turning back to stare at him in the face, "That's what we call it."

Hearing Simmons' explanation, John Keller walks over to Tanachek, "And you didn't think the United States military might need to know that you're keeping a hostile alien robot frozen in the basement?"

"Until these events, we had no credible threat to national security" Tanachek merely explains to Keller.

Keller stuffs his hands into his coat pockets, "Well, you got one now."

From the group, one of the soldiers steps forward, William Lennox, Captain of his Team that survived Qatar from Decepticon attacks.

"So," Lennox speaks up, "why Earth?"

"It's the Allspark" Sam answers for him.

"All spark?" Keller butts into the conversation, "What is that?"