Chapter 40

The Decepticon laughs, placing its foot on Bumblebee's chest, inches away from his neck. Bumblebee is forced to lie on the ground, staring up at the Decepticon, who transforms their right arm to a blaster.

"It will be a great honor for Lord Megatron to know of your demise. You were a pestful enemy. And like all pests, they end up dead" the Decepticon announces.

The Decepticon raises its blaster to hover over Bumblebee's head, powering up. Danielle's heart stops, her body increasingly radiating painful heat.

"Goodbye, scout."

------------------------------

The feeling of blistering heat engulfs Danielle, as she loses her sense of breathing. Overwhelmed with many emotions, one particular emotion surfaces inside of Danielle; anger, which triggers her fight or flight response. Of all the times Danielle has rejected the unknown feeling, for once, she accepts it.

Accepting the unknown feeling, Danielle feels the energy fill inside of her, giving her the strength to rise up from the ground and runs over to the Decepticon. On a blind rage, Danielle triggers her transformation, not even knowing.

"No!"

Danielle vaults over to the Decepticon, in her Cybertronian form, using her momentum and anger, she tackles the Decepticon off of Bumblebee, falling onto the ground. Danielle sits on top of the Decepticon, both her legs on either side of its midsection, her hands around the robot's throat. Danielle clenches her teeth, keeping her hold locked on the Decepticon.

"I will kill you!" the monster chokes out, surprised at the sudden attack.

He claws at her arms, making Danielle wince at the sharp pain, but doesn't ease the pressure onto the monster's neck. She can hear people yelling around her and the Deception, but it was on her deaf ears, finding it hard to hear anything around her, focusing on the Decepticon. With sudden force, Danielle is pushed off the robot, landing onto her stomach beside it. Gasping for air, Danielle coughs, finally managing to see the area around her, her anger dissipating.

She glances down at her hands, finally noticing the texture change. She was back in her robotic form. Her whole body is bigger, the size of two cars lined up. Danielle looks over to her left, past the lying Decepticon, seeing Sam and Mikaela, along with Bumblebee.

The three of them stare at Danielle in shock, with Bumblebee trying to frantically get off the ground, only finding it impossible with both his legs severed. Danielle feels a pang of guilt engulf her, remembering the reason why Bumblebee took her away from everyone. He didn't want her to be a part of this battle, he didn't want her to get hurt. But, yet, here she is, in her robot form, tackling a random Decepticon.

She is pulled away from her observations and inner monologue, when she feels an unknown hand grab onto her left shoulder, forcing Danielle off the ground, and flown across the street. Danielle yelps in pain, landing on the ground, her back hitting destroyed cars nearby. Danielle hears Sam yell for her, but she doesn't acknowledge it, trying to get up off the ground.

"Crap....", Danielle thinks to herself, "I gotta get up."

With one swing of their leg, the Decepticon kicks Danielle in the stomach, causing Danielle to cry out in pain.

"Pitiful," The Decepticon snarls, walking around Danielle, "seeing these insects caring about you."

The Decepticon walks over to Danielle's head, crouching down for her to see clearly. She squints her eyes, finding the beady red eyes glare down at her, his right arm transformed back into its blaster form.