Chapter 36

Danielle squints her eyes as the sun passes her in the driver's side window, Bumblebee leading the way, driving out of the Hoover Dam. Sam holds Danielle's hand on the armrest, his gaze flickering to the back window that shows Mikaela and the Cube in the reflection. Danielle sits quietly, her free hand holding onto the steering wheel, not gripping it tight enough, letting Bumblebee drive as he pleases. Sam glances over at Mikaela, keeping his left hand tight on Danielle's right.

"The Cube's okay?" Sam asks the darker brunette.

"Yeah, it's fine" Mikaela assures, sitting next to the alien artifact.

"Well, put the seat belt on."

Seeing Mikaela and Sam in their own worlds, Danielle looks forward, sighing. She grips the steering wheel tighter, alerting Bumblebee. His radio flickers, quiet enough that Danielle was able to percipher.

"Beautiful-," Bumblebee's radio says, "are you alright?"

Danielle shakes her head, before nodding, "I'm not so sure, Bee. It's hard to process....everything."

"I'm sorry- for everything that has happened."

"It's not your fault, just...these things happen I guess. Yeah...these things happen like me turning into a giant robot and then turning back into a human girl..." Danielle trails off.

Bumblebee's radio dies out, Danielle feeling the seatbelt across her chest tighten. Feeling the tightness, Danielle gives a small smile, understanding the ways Bumblebee tries to comfort her with. If anything, it was the most comfort that she has experienced since her transformation right next to Sam not leaving her side.

The sun shines on Bumblebee's alternate form, as he and over four military guns mounted ATV's follow behind him on the empty road towards the nearest city by the Dam, Mission City. Danielle tilts her head, continuing to look out the front window, trying to keep her thoughts at bay.

But, over the horizon, Danielle sees multiple objects approaching. She looks closer, adjusting her spot on the driver's seat. Seeing the familiar Peterbilt truck makes Danielle smile, seeing reinforcements joining them.

"There's Optimus" Sam declares, finally noticing the rapid approaching Autobots.

"No, it's just a regular truck- nothing important about it" Danielle mumbles to herself sarcastically, feeling the steering wheel warm after her statement, causing Danielle to smile once more.

Once Optimus Prime passes the current group, his tires screech, making a u-turn to be in the same lane as Bumblebee, the other three Autobots following suit. The four Autobots change positions, Jazz and Ironhide following behind the military ATVs, while Ratchet and Optimus Prime in the back of the lane, keeping as the rear guard.

Danielle glances at the back window, seeing the Autobots finally reunited with everyone, and gives a nervous sigh, giving a silent prayer that things will be well for them.

---------------------------------------------------

AN: Sorry for such a small quick chapter, after doing some story writing and looking at the scenes in the movies, it was the shortest scene to write, but, don't worry, I'm working on the next chapter as we speak. By the way, how have the chapters been lately? Good? Bad? Let me know in the comments, I love looking at them and taking your feedback.