Chapter 10

It was shocking to Danielle, seeing the yellow and black vintage Camaro outside her window. She was more shocked that it seems unscathed, wondering how to it just randomly appear, without its kidnapper. Why would the kidnapper return the car back?

"Hey, uh, Sam?" Danielle says to her brother, "I'm gonna head out and see the car-"

Danielle couldn't finish her sentence, as Sam lunges over to her, pulling her close to him, his left hand digging into her side, his right hand clamped over her mouth. His chin was resting on top of Danielle's head, pulling her away from the open window, away from the yellow Camaro.

"You are not going out there! That car is Satan!" Sam nearly squeaks out in fear, "It's a demon!"

Danielle muffles Sam's name through his hand, agitation creasing in her brow. She was confused on why Sam was acting like this...shouldn't he be happy that the Camaro is back- especially in one piece and no kidnapper?

"Look- Danny," Sam says, "This is hard to explain, but promise me you won't leave my side, okay? I need you to stick by my side no matter what, promise!"

Danielle, being confused, forces herself out of her twin brothers grip, taking a few steps forward, turns to her brother, holding her hands out in surrender.

"Sam," Danielle breathes out, "What the hell has gotten into you? Was it about the officer yesterday? Sammy, you know that guy was-"

"Danielle....just say you trust me, alright? You're my twin sister. I just- I just need someone who can trust me, please?" Sam interrupts Danielle, being a bit calmer when talking to her.

He walks over to her, resting a hand on her shoulder, both of them locking stares. Danielle's glare softens, seeing the genuine on Sam's features, making her sight in defeat, nodding her head.

"I swear to God, Sam, if I die or get put in jail, I'm going to kill you" Danielle warns, giving her trust to him.

Sam pulls her into a near bone-crushing hug, giving Danielle a kiss on the head, before pulling away from her, heading over to the wall phone stationed on the other side of the kitchen.

"Hey, where's your bike?" Sam asks Danielle, as he grabs the phone stationed on the wall.

Danielle hums, shrugging her shoulders, before looking through the closet, seeing an old familiar dark blue cruiser bike, "Why do I need my bike again, Sam?"

"Cause we're gonna need them, this car is a demon that wants our souls...." Sam murmurs loud enough for Danielle to hear.

She gives him an odd look, watching him dial a number frantically on the house phone line, before rolling her eyes, grabbing her old bike from the closet. She remembers putting the bike in the closet years ago, when she was at least 14, believing that none of the cool kids owned a bike anymore, instead of having their parents drive them to school, while she and Sam always rode their bikes. She could have thrown her bike in the garage, but her old 14-year self-thought the closet would be more sneaky, less worrying about her mom finding out.

Taking a good glance at her bike, Danielle hears Sam's near shrieks of terror in the other room.

"Miles? Miles, listen to me, listen. My car, it stole itself, okay?" Sam says into the phone, "Satan's Camaro is in my yard! It's stalking me!"

Danielle rolls her eyes, focusing on checking the tire pressure on her bike. It was a little deflated, but otherwise, it can still ride well enough on the flat ground. As Danielle was checking the pressure, she hears Sam storm into the front room followed by a pair of chains clicking. Danielle looks at her, rolling her eyes in disbelief.

"Really?" Danielle sighs, "mom's bike?"

Sam ignores her, heading over to the front door, Judy's bike in tow. Danielle sighs, rolling her bike over towards her twin brother.

"Hey, Danny?" Sam asks her.

"What is it now, Sam?" Danielle sighs.

"When we get out there we gotta bike as fast as we can to the police station, okay? You need to trust me in this" Sam tells.

Danielle sighs loudly, shaking her head is disbelief, before humming in acknowledgment, trusting Sam. Sam takes a deep breath, before flinging the door open, nearly throwing him and the bike outside, hopping on it quickly.

"Hey, wait up!" Danielle curses, following him closely, throwing herself on the faded blue bike, following her twin brother down the street. As she was biking behind her brother, she couldn't help but feel tempted to look behind her, as if felt like something was chasing her. The familiar roar of the Camaro echoes right behind her, making her not help but look back, and God, she wish she didn't.

Because her old, vintage Camaro was hot on their tile, on the sidewalk, without a driver.