Chapter 30

From afar, the Autobots watch as the scene in front of them transpires. When Bumblebee saved Danielle earlier from her fall, Optimus Prime was the one to notice S7 SUV's and helicopters arriving, quickly managing to get Sam and Mikaela off of his shoulders, quickly escaping the area by himself.

He rendezvous with the other Autobots by a far end of the bridge from afar, having clear sights of Danielle and Bumblebee. With the Autobots consisting of Jazz, Ratchet, Ironhide, and Optimus Prime, only Jazz shows deep concern.

"Hang back," Jazz tells Ratchet and Ironhide, "Let me check it out."

From where he was, hanging off the side of the bridge, Jazz vaults himself over 5 sets of bars, getting over to Optimus, who leans over the bridge rails, looking over.

"Optimus," Jazz starts, putting his hands on his mechanical hips, "are we really just gonna stand here and do nothing? They have both Bumblebee and Danielle."

Optimus looks over at Jazz, a look of solemn, "There's no way to free Bumblebee and Danielle without harming the humans."

Optimus takes a walk away from Jazz, but only Jazz follows him, his short legs running to keep up with him. Jazz grows irritated, feeling anguish over his Autobot comrade and human friend.

"But Optimus-" Jazz throws his hands in the air, "It's not right! He-"

"Let them leave" Optimus orders Jazz, interrupting him.

Despite his cold aloofness, Optimus did, in fact, felt guilty for Bumblebee and Danielle's capture. Part of him felt guilty for letting Danielle slip off of his shoulders, he should have been more careful to make sure that these humans wouldn't get hurt under his watch. He is thankful for Bumblebee saving Danielle, but yet, saving her cost the both of them. He and the others watched Danielle's transformation, Optimus not having the stomach hearing Danielle's scream of pain, turning his head to the side, not looking at her transformation. It felt nostalgic seeing Danielle the way she became, but it felt painful to everyone, especially him.

The Autobots stay hidden for over an hour, making sure Sector Seven was no longer at the scene of action. Ironhide jumps down from the bridge first, Jazz following behind. Ratchet walks over to Optimus, and with their height difference coming into play, Ratchet pats Optimus' elbow, trying to give some sort of comfort, before jumping.

Optimus jumps off the bridge, landing in the creek easily, his footmarks only creating a small dent. Optimus and the others look around the creek, finding the key piece of evidence.

"Optimus!" Ironhide yells 40 feet away from everyone else, "Over here."

Optimus walks over to Ironhide, and right by his feet sees the evidence. He leans down, picking up the small fragile item; Archibald Witwicky glasses.

It's time to find where the Allspark has been hiding the past hundred years.

-----------------

AN: Hello, everyone! Sorry for such a late update! I just finished my finals for school! YAY! I passed all of my finals with A's! So, now with the heavy stuff (aka) school off my shoulders just for a few days, you bet your bottom dollar I will be working on this story and will update hopefully every couple days. Again I appreciate feedback and criticism from this book because it just lets me know what you guys think about it and how I can use your feedback and criticism to become a better writer. That and I also just love hearing feedback from everyone. Anyway, catch ya in a flash <3