Chapter 29

Previously on I'm Watching You...

I feel Selena's eyes on me.

"Y/NN, are you feeling alright?" I hear her ask. I hum in
exhaustion.

"I'm taking you home." She states. I nod tiredly, and I feel the car start to move.

What a messed up place.

Y/N pov

I feel the car stop, and I gently open my eyes, but the dizzy feeling is still running through my head. I look around, and I see that we parked on the driveway at my house.

I hear the door open next to me. Selena helps me out of the car and locks it behind us. We enter the house, and Selena gently sets me in the living room on the couch.

She leaves and locks the door. She walks over to me and takes a seat. She looks at me with concern.

"What happened, Y/NN? You look like death." She says, trying to make a light joke which causes me to smile.

At least she is trying.

I take in a deep breath and try to relax before telling her.

"This town is messed up," I state in a tired yet serious manner. I look at Selena, and she seems confused.

"What do you mean?" I look at her incredulously.

"Selena, how long have you stayed in this town?" I ask her. She raises her eyebrows in surprise because I usually use her nickname.

"Okay, about 3 years why?" I let out a dry chuckle.

"So you are telling me that you lived in this town for 3 years and you never noticed anything strange about the town? Or the people in the town?" She looks at me in worry.

"Y/NN, are you alright?" I widen my eyes at her.

"NO! I am certainly not alright. How are you so oblivious to the things happening around Madell Town?!" She walks over to me and puts the back of her hand onto my forehead and frowns.

"You're burning up Y/NN." I frown at her.

"You didn't answer my question Selena." She looks at me and sighs while taking a seat next to me again.

"You see, Y/N, some things are better to ignore and be quiet about them." I tilt my head in confusion. She looks at me and continues speaking.

"When you entered the town, did you notice anything out of the ordinary?" I start thinking about it and nod at her.

"Well, I felt as though someone was watching me, and when I entered through the gates, I saw people shutting their windows and doors, which was weird."

I glance at Selena, and I notice that she seems really nervous? Or scared?

"O...okay, so I...I'll see you...you tomorrow um Friday um well see you." I look at Selena, and she gives me a quick hug and runs out the door and closing it after unlocking the door. I am only left with silence.

"Meow." I jump in surprise at the sudden noise. I look around and I spot Orion next to me.

Not gonna lie; I almost forgot about him.

"Hey Ori. I won't be able to play with you today, because I'm feeling not so good." He looks at me with a cute face and licks his paw.

No wonder cats get hairballs, yet they continue to lick themselves, unbelievable.

I walk to the kitchen slowly and grab a glass for some water. I take a sip, and I feel finally refreshed.

beep...beep...beep

I look at my phone and I see Tori calling.

"Hi, Tori, why are you calling?"

"Oh, hi Y/N, I'm calling to find out about the sleepover tomorrow."

Wow, she really wants me to attend. I wonder why?

"What about it?"

"Are you going to come?"

This sleepover could get my mind off certain things.

"Yeah, this could be fun."

"YES! YES! YES!" I cringe at her squealing. She suddenly hangs up the phone, which leaves me in confusion.

Okay, that was weird.

I pick up Orion and walk upstairs to my bedroom.

"Let's watch a movie, Ori." I set him on my bed.

I grab the laptop, and I put on a calming movie

Suicide Squad...cuz why not?

While the movie is playing and Orion is glued to the screen, I notice a shadow lurking in the forest. I walk towards the window and focus my eyes on the distance.

Five figures are walking towards my house.