January 23rd

January 23rd, 2014.

“Before you say anything, Jaime, could we please have a normal conversation?”

“Sure thing, darlin’. Hold on. [Loud footsteps and the click of a door shutting and locking, followed by the squeaking of a mattress.] Alright. No chance of anyone butting in. Let’s be civilized, normal people. How was your day?”

“It sucked, as always. My roommate, Toni, brightened it up a little bit. We’re going on vacation to upstate New York in a week! I’m so excited. I haven’t seen snow in years. God, I miss it.”

“That’s awesome! I wish I could come, too, but I’ve got to help Vic with the new album. My question is, why can’t he have Tone or his own brother help him? Why me?”

“Maybe because you’re the back-up vocals?”

“Shut up.”

“Yeah, I believe Mike. Your IQ must be two. Anyway, how is that album coming? I’ve been waiting since you announced it, and I’m getting really antsy and shit. I bounce up and down when I start thinking about it.”

“Calm yourself, Lils. It’ll be later into the year. You’ll have to wait a few months for it. Vic’s still writing and shit.”

“Ugh! I can’t wait, though! Can’t you give me a sneak-peak?”

“You wish. You’ll just have to wait, honey!”

“But I don’t want to wait…”

“Too bad. So, how’s your photography coming? Land any jobs yet?”

“Don’t remind me. Nobody seems to like my work. I mean, they like it and all, but they always find someone better than me. It really sucks, you know? It’s like… you’re not good enough to get the gold, but you still get the silver. I don’t know–I’m sorry, I’m really awkward.”

“No, Blue’, I know what you mean. I feel that way all the time. You shouldn’t feel that way, though. Sure, it gets you down. Everyone gets knocked down in their lives. But… you just have to keep your head up high and shake it off. You’ve got to be strong and not live in your past. You’ve gotta’ look at what’s ahead.”

“Thanks, Hime-Time.”

“You’re welcome, love.”

“I’ll talk to you soon, okay?”

“I’ll be here, missing the sound of your voice.”

**