May 22nd

May 22nd, 2014.

“I need to ask you a serious question.”

“What is it? You aren’t hurt or anything, right? Oh, God, please don’t ask something about ‘girl stuff’ – shouldn’t you know about that already?”

“Shut up, Jaime. I wanted to ask about Warped. I wanted to ask about some tips you may have about surviving the day.”

“Oh. That’s okay. Um, yeah – don’t wear long-sleeves; wear a loose-fit tank or something. You shouldn’t wear a beanie; go for a snapback. Sunglasses, sunscreen, and a water bottle are must-haves. Stay hydrated and fed. Take breaks and sit somewhere shaded occasionally. Getting to the barrier can be difficult, too, so don’t hurt yourself trying. Get there early. Like, way early.”

“Seems legit. Thanks, Himes.”

“No problem, Lils. Now, you tell me something.”

“What is it?”

“I want some sips on surviving the day in Florida.”

“Jaime…”

“I’m just curious.”

“Fine… Uh, well, it’s basically everything you told me. It’s really fucking hot here, so yeah, every tip you have for Warped is one you need for Florida in general unless it’s the winter time. It gets a bit cold. Anyway, if you’re wondering about theme parks or the beach or something, get there really fucking early. If you don’t, you won’t find parking, and the lines for the rides will be really long and obnoxious.”

“Thanks for the tips. I might get to use them soon.”

“Jaime–”

“Hush up. It’s for future reference.”

“Yeah, sure it is.”

“Or is it?”

**