February 11th

February 11th, 2014.

[Yawn.] Hello?”

“Did I wake you, sweetie?”

“No, I’m good. I was just taking a nap. What time is it? Well, that’s a stupid question to ask. We’re not in the same time zone. Stupid… Uh… Hmm… Why the hell are you calling me at five in the morning? Shit, so much for a nap… I had the night shift tonight. Fuck. Oh well.”

“I’m sorry. I got really lonely. I missed you.”

“That’s cute. Where’s your girlfriend?”

“She’s… uh… somewhere.”

“Please tell me you didn’t kill her.”

“No! Of course not! I may be ‘Dr. Evil,’ but I’d never do that. I’m not a murderer, I swear.”

“I trust you, only because if I didn’t, you might get mad and kill me next.”

“You’re so adorable, you know that?”

“Stop it, Hime-Time. It’s too early to be smiling.”

“It’s true. You’re very cute, I have to admit. Are you okay now? I was worried last… well, a few hours ago, after you hung up.”

“Yeah, I’m okay.”

“You know you can tell me anything and everything, right? I’ll never judge you; you know that, right? I’ll never tell anyone what you tell me. I promise. You know that, right?”

“Of course I do, Jaime. I know that.”

“Please, promise me you’ll tell me when something is wrong. The next time you’re upset, just call me and tell me. Please?”

“I promise. I’ll call you later. I’m really tired. Try not to miss me too much, okay, best friend?”

“I can’t help it if I miss such a pretty girl like you.”

**