December 31st - Final Chapter

December 31st, 2014.

“Have you landed? Are you on your way? Holy shit, I’m shaking. I’m so nervous. The guys are all ‘oh, you’ll be fine’ but it’s you! I could fuck something up. I mean, if I were going to see the Queen of England, I wouldn’t care if I spilled a fucking glass of red wine on her gray wig, but if it were you…

“Jaime, calm down. Why don’t you just talk to me for a few minutes to calm your nerves?”

[Deep breath.] Okay, okay. So, tonight, I was just thinking that we’d stay in, y’know, so it’s just the band and you two so we can make it special. I mean, we were invited to a party, but who gives a shit, right?”

“Right.”

“We can have some tacos, and watch superhero movies, and talk and stuff… I hope you like it. Oh, geez, here come the nerves again.”

“Hime-Time, listen to me. You don’t have to be nervous, okay? There’s nothing to be nervous about! It’s just me, and you’ll be fine, okay? It’s just me, Lily, the girl you’ve known for almost two years. You know me like the back of your hand.”

“You’re right. I know you. You know me. Nothing will go wrong. It’s just us. Us and the guys. And Toni. We’ll be okay. [The sound of a doorbell comes in the background.] Hold on, someone’s at the door. [He opens the door and lowers the phone from his ear.]

“H-Hey, Jaime…”

**

Bad ending but whatever I’ll make it up to you by posting the third book, The Meet, right now!