May 4th

May 4th, 2014.

“What’s up, hoe?”

“Are you high…?”

“Of course not, silly! These pretty colors are the lights in the club!”

“You must be high.”

“No, I’m really not – maybe a little tipsy, sure, but I’m seriously at this club called… what the fuck did Toni call it… oh, yeah, it’s called Club Dance. Stupid name, but it’s really cool in here. Kinda looks like laser tag.”

“Well, then, Lily, I shouldn’t keep you from hanging out with–”

“Nonsense, Jaime; I was just about to leave anyway. Can’t find Toni anywhere. I hope she’s not cheating on her boyfriend. She’s not that type of girl. I don’t even think she drank tonight.”

“Good for her, then. That’s a girl true to commitment. Call a cab, would you? I don’t want you getting a DUI.”

“Yeah, yeah, I kind of have to, since we took one here, anyway. I don’t live far, but I don’t wanna get raped, y’know?”

“Mhm, I know, don’t remind me of the possibility. Would you stay on the phone with me until you step inside and go to bed?”

“So protective… sure, I will. HEY, JERKFACE!”

“Ow, my eardrum...”

“Sorry, Hime-Time. It worked, though. [Opening and closing of a car door, followed by directions.] There. Now, how’re you?”

“I’m fine, just been busy and shit with the band. How about you?”

“Well, other than being tipsy and about to fucking BARF ON THE FLOOR OF THIS TAXI IF THE DRIVER DOESN’T STOP SWERVING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD, I’ve been great.”

“You’re so sassy. You remind me of Kellin.”

“K-Kellin Quinn?”

“Yeah, singer of Sleeping With–”

“I know who he is, Jaime.”

“That sounded kind of cold. Do you hate him or something?”

“What? No. I’ve never met him. I love the band.”

“Because I totally believe you. That sounded too cold of a sentence for someone who’s never met him before.”

“Just drop it. I’m–[a car door opens and slams shut, followed by the sounds of a door of a building opening.]–home now and I’m tired and shit, so.”

“Wait – just get into your apartment for me, first.”

“Ugh, fine. [A door swings shut, and footsteps run up something like stairs. The found of keys ring, followed by another door opening and slamming shut with a click of a lock.] Okay, are you happy now?”

“Kind of. So, why did you sound so harsh and sort of nervous when talking about Kellin?”

“No reason. Goodnight, Jaime.”

**