February 28th

February 28th, 2014.

“Please tell me you’re not mad at me. Oh, God… She fucked everything up, didn’t she? This is my fault. I shouldn’t have left my phone unlocked while I showered. That doesn’t excuse me not picking up your calls. I was in the studio and I had so many events going on. I’ve been so overwhelmed. I’m so sorry, Lily. Please forgive me. This is all my–”

“Jaime, calm down.”

“Lily, please, please, please, I’m begging you; don’t be mad. Oh, god fucking dammit! Why am I so stupid?

“Jaime!”

“This is all my fault! I’m gonna’ lose the best thing that’s ever happened to me!”

“JAIME!”

“Y-Yes…?”

“Are you… crying?”

“N-No! I don’t k-know what you’re t-talking about.”

“Oh, Taco… What am I going to do with you? This isn’t your fault, and I’m not mad at you. I’m mad at Jess, sure, but not you! She told me to stop calling you, but it’s not like I’d listen. You’re not going to lose me; I promise.”

“P-Pinky promise?”

“Yes, Jaime. Pinky promise.”

[Sniffling and the creaking of a mattress as he sits on it.] Can we just… talk for a while?”

“Of course, Hime-Time.”

“S-So… [Throat clearing.] How’re you and Toni?”

“We’re okay. She’s been busy with work and stuff. I think she may have a boyfriend, because she’s constantly Skyping him.”

“Ah, Turtle’s been the same… I think he’s Skyping with his girl. She’s visiting family somewhere, I think.”

“When was the last time you visited your own family?”

“Uh… I don’t know…”

“You should make plans to surprise them one day soon. You need to visit some time, Jaime. It’s unhealthy not to.”

“I know, Lils. I know. I’ll visit them soon, okay? I was thinking closer to the holidays. Who knows what we’ll be doing then, but I’ll make time. Hopefully there won’t be too much touring.”

“Mmhmm. We still on for New Years?”

“Hell yeah! Of course! Don’t listen to Jess, by the way–never stop calling. I’m not going to tell her I’m going to be with you on New Years rather than her. She’ll be mad, but do I really care? She made me mad by saying what she did to you.”

“You’re so protective of me…”

“Why shouldn’t I be? You’re my best friend; my other half. You’re practically everything to me! I need to be protective, because I’m deathly afraid of losing you due to some stupid remark or action.”

“Awww… That’s really cute.”

“Pssh. I’m not cute. I’ll accept ‘adorable,’ but not cute.

“Alright, you’re adorable then.”

“That’s better.”

“How’re the guys?”

“They’re good. Vic misses butting into our conversations. He pouts every time I walk into the room. Mike is… Mike. Need I say more?”

“No, thanks. I don’t need any elaborations.”

“Tone’s missin’ his girl, as he always is. I don’t particularly like her, neither do the other guys, but she makes him happy, so that’s all that matters.”

“How considerate of you, Himes.”

“What can I say? He’s one of my best friends. As long as he’s happy, the world is fine.”

“But what if you’re not happy?”

“That doesn’t matter.”

“Yes it does! Your feelings matter, too, Jaime, whether you believe it or not. I care. The guys care.”

“I understand that, but… I’m the type of person to put others before me.”

“I can see that, but you should let yourself come first sometimes.”

“Okay, I will. I promise.”

“I’ve gotta’ run – Toni just got home with food. I’ll call you soon, okay, best friend?”

“I’ll sit here waiting, missing you, best friend.”

**