Alpha

Rick Riordan owns all Copyrights to his Characters.

In the beginning there was only Chaos. Then out of the void appeared Erebus, the unknowable place where death dwells, and Night. All else was empty, silent, endless, darkness. Then somehow Love was born bringing a start of order. From Love came Light and Day. Once there was Light and Day, Gaea, the earth appeared.

But before there was Love, before there was Light and Darkeness, before all of the primordial beings came to form, there was Him.

He was fashioned by the Chaos, he was the very essence of Chaos and Chaos was pleased. For through Him, Chaos set order to all things that were, is, and yet to come. He was gifted by Chaos authority over all things, for in truth, He was Chaos's entire being and Chaos was His.

But Chaos feared for his son, for he foresaw the future and the terrors to come after creation. So he sent his son to the Void where he will be surrounded and protected by his essence until the end of time.

He feared because He was the only thing in all of creation he had no power over. For He was Chaos and Chaos was with Him, so he could not see his future nor his end.

Yet destiny bound to the child, for He was meant to be the greatest of all beings, greater than Chaos himself. The First Born, and his name was Percy.

___________________________________________________________________________________

This book starts off really naive and flirtatious. One can even think that it's some romance book. 

IT'S NOT

Don't be discouraged to continue to read after the first couple chapters because even I--the author--find it ridiculous at times due to Percy's childish and flirtatious attitude. 

But if you keep pushing through you'll realize that the story is thicker and more complex than is suggested and the characters and plot gets more mature and tamed. 

I started off writing this book thinking that I wanted to create a romantic story and a "Son of Chaos" theme, but then over the chapters I realized that I can certainly do better and expand the plot and even move away from it. Why settle for some naive whimsical pertemis, pernico, percabeth, or watever, when I can turn this book into its own world and its own plot. 

This is not a bloody romance, this is a story of WAR.