He Would Have Her.

*A/N: This imagine was requested by hooligan105 ! She wanted a little Graffiti Bridge Era Prince 😉 Hope you enjoy, love 💜 if you guys have any requests for imagines, leave them in the comments 😊*

"What are you talking about, Morris?" Prince asked his friend as they sat in Studio B.

They were supposed to be working on a song, but their conversation suddenly drifted to a certain someone. Prince was confused at this sudden change of subject, but he decided to go along with it anyway.

"Man, don't tell me you don't see the way she looks at you." Morris replies, fiddling with one of the buttons on the sound board.

"Who?"

"Renae." Prince's eyes widened as his best friend's name slipped from Morris's lips. He hadn't thought of her that way, so hearing this new information had him a little confused.

Since when did she have feelings for him?

"Morris, are you sure we're talking about the same Renae that said she hated me because I wouldn't go to prom with her when we were in high school?."

"Yes, that Renae. Y'all ended up being friends after that, right?"

"Actually, we were already friends. She ended up apologizing for saying she hated me and we decided to remain friends."

"Oh."

"How did you find all this out anyway?" Prince asked, deciding to just go ahead and say what he was thinking. Morris shrugged.

"It's pretty obvious how she feels about you, P. I didn't have to ask. She gave it away without saying a word."

Prince stared at him in disbelief. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Renae has a crush on him?

Well, there was only one way to find out if it was really true.

Talk to her.

And he did.

                                      🔘

"Hello, Mrs. Cool." Prince spoke in a polite tone after clearing his throat, once Renae's mother answered the front door. She smiled. He smiled back.

"Prince, hello."

"Is Renae here? I kind of have something important I need to speak with her about."

"Oh, yes. She's inside. Come in." She replies, stepping aside to let him in. He does. Melody closes the door behind him. "I'm actually not staying long, I was just visiting."

"Oh...I thought--."

"You thought I still lived here?" She asks, amusement laced within her tone as she walks over to the couch and sits down next to him after calling her daughter downstairs. "Oh no, honey. I moved and gave my daughter the house."

"Why?"

"I figured it was time she had a place of her own. I've been wanting to move for a while. And I didn't want to just give my home to a stranger when my daughter could take over."

"Oh okay." Just as those words left Prince's lips, Renae bounded down the stairs. Suddenly, she paused at the last step after catching a glimpse of her best friend.