Tempting Me.

For DarlingNikki95 ,

She could barely speak a word of English, but somehow I knew what she was trying to say to me

She could barely speak a word of English, but somehow I knew what she was trying to say to me. When Morris told me he found someone that was perfect for me, she wasn't what I expected at all. Believe it or not, that was a very good thing. Green eyes, dark brown skin and that long curly hair...no, she definitely wasn't what I usually went for, but I'll give this a try since it's our first date.

"So, tell me more about yourself," I speak up, breaking our awkward silence, taking a moment to lean in so I could hear her better. A shy, nervous grin briefly passes her lips before she nibbles on her bottom one. I think it's cute.

"Not much to tell you," She mutters, tucking her hair behind her ear, making me chuckle softly at how thick her accent is. I've been with women that spoke different languages, but she's slowly turning into a challenge I'm willing to accept.

"Oh, come on. I only know your name, what you do for a living, and a few things you like and don't like. At least tell me about your family or where you're from."

"Aye dios mio," She closes her eyes for a moment as those words softly fell from her lips. I opened my mouth, preparing to tell her that she didn't have to say anything else since I was getting a bit too personal for her liking, but what she said next stopped me in my tracks, "My Mother, She was Hispano y Africano. My father, he was from Trinidad y Columbia. My sister, Maria, she is mi mejor amiga y Ella solo tiene 15 anos [my best friend and she's only 15 years old]. That is all."

Hispanic and African. Trinidad and Columbia. That's why her accent is so thick, I thought as a small smile found its way to my lips. It made her visibly relax a bit and smile. Wow. She's beautiful.

"Your sister, she's only 15?"

"Mmm-hmm," She replied, nodding, "She's my best friend."

My smile widened a little at her words. My siblings are my best friends too. No matter how much we argue or fight over little things.

"You say was when you speak of your parents," Shifting a bit in my seat as I spoke, I couldn't tear my eyes away from her gorgeous green orbs. They were so mesmerizing, but I could also spot a slight uneasiness in them immediately, "Why?"

"I-I don't like to talk about it."

"It's okay, you can tell me."

"Mu-murieron en un accidente automovilístico," She mutters, her eyes filling with tears that were threatening to fall. My lips parted. I wanted to say something, anything, that would make her feel better, but what could I say to that?

"Oh, Esme, I'm so sorry," the words fell from my lips before I could even think anymore about what I wanted to say. I lost my parents too, so I knew exactly how she must be feeling right now.