Companion

For keyanna143 ,

His eyes. All I could remember were his eyes as he stared at me from across the room. They were a gorgeous hazel with specks of amber in the irises. My entire body grew hot under his intense gaze.

"He's looking at you," My best friend whispered in my ear, a small smile playing on the corners of her lips. I chuckled softly, my eyes never leaving the handsome stranger. His never leaving mine. I thought I saw him smirk, but it could've just been my eyes playing tricks on me.

"I know."

"You should go talk to him. He wants you to."

"I don't think I sho—," I began, my forehead creased with worry, but she interrupted me before I could even finish my sentence.

"Just go over there. I'll cover for you," she muttered softly, giving me a gentle nudge in his direction. I gasped quietly, briefly caught off guard by her sudden need for me to meet this stranger. She vowed to hook me up with someone, but I didn't think she'd literally push me toward the first person that laid eyes on me.

Was I really that in need of a companion?

My heart was racing and I was shaking like a leaf by the time I made it over to him. I was nervous and excited at the same time. It was almost as if I were in high school all over again. Me having a crush on the popular guy, but this time he's single. Hopefully.

"Hello," He was the first to speak up the moment I stood in front of him. I smiled, tucking my hair behind my ear. He smiled back.

"Hi."

"I was hoping you'd come over here."

"Oh really?" I replied, my smile widening a little. He nods, making me chuckle, "And what if I decided not to?"

"Then it would be my loss, right?"

"Definitely."

"Confident. I like that," He responds, a small smirk playing on the corners of his lips. My smile grew a little wider.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"I've never seen you here before..." I say after a few moments of silence, my voice trailing off. No, I definitely haven't. I would've remembered those eyes. He chuckled softly.

"Oh, well I don't go out very often. Honestly, this is the first time I've been out in a while," The quiet, serious tone in his voice threw me for a loop. I wasn't expecting things to become so deep so quickly.

"Really? You didn't have any desire to hang out with anyone?"

"Not at first. But, now that you've decided to come talk to me, I guess I'll have the desire to come hang out here with you more often."