Chapter 3: A New Side of Him

A/N: If you want an explanation, it's at the bottom. Sorry though. I've made you ya'll wait to long. Warning: Did not edit yet.

Enjoy! Comment and vote.
~~~~~~

Being in the stupid private jet only brought back bad memories. Technically it wasn't the jet, it was the fact that I was in the sky getting ready to land in a place I've always wanted to go to when I was young, but because of an awful experience, I could only recall bad memories.

I examined the busy airport; there were many people rushing to get where they needed to go. I couldn't help but wonder where they were all heading. If only I could trade my life with theirs, or even the chubby dog whom was sleeping in its comfy warm cage. I bet he was living his life right now.

I snap out of my thoughts when I feel a rough hand on my arm. "Hey, the limo's here." Daniel announces, taking my luggage to the vehicle.

Chris surprisingly opens the door for me and I get in without giving him a nod nor a thank you.

He didn't deserve it.

He once again ripped me out of my life.

Did he purposly want to make me miserable? Did he hate me? Was he doing this for revenge? Vengeance?

These thoughts were driving me insane. They were consuming my mind. I forgot I use to always think really hard when I was in New York.

I never missed it.

Once the limo started moving, we wer-well, I was, drowning in an uncomfortable silence.

Chris reached into a mini fridge and took out a new bottle of champagne. He then decided to offer me a glass but I was in no mood to drink.

"You don't expect me to stay for a year, right?" I raise an eyebrow.

He takes a sip and places the glass in between his long slender fingers. "You're getting straight to the point, huh?" He snickers then takes another sip. Does he think we have the whole world to wait for his answer? "I can tell you that we came back for you just in time to join us to another Gala. I know it's really annoying, always going to these things but the more you donate, the more recognition your business gets. I-are you even listening to me?"

I really wasn't paying attention--the two hour flight exhausted me. I couldn't sleep. I was up all day and night just thinking.

I knew he was glaring at me, though I couldn't see because my head was against the cool window.

I was beginning to remember the city and the different people who would roam the city.

I kind of missed it. Maybe if Chris wasn't here, I would actually be enjoying it.

"Hey, putt-" I knew exactly what Daniel was going to say the minute the first word came out, so I immediately wrapped my hand around his throat.

You couldn't play the nice guy here, you just couldn't.

I hadn't been violent in two years. I had no reason to. Not until now.

Daniel was shocked. He was trying to pry my fingers of his throat and he did because I didn't put much force into it.

I wasn't that angry.

"I don't know who you think you are Daniel, but just know to not mess with me. And I'm not your friend to be calling a bitch." I glared at him, then glanced at Chris.

In the midst of all this, he was laughing silently.

What a friend he is.

Daniel grunts while facing his head towards the window. What ever happened to having a crush on me?