Chapter 27: Faith

He strode into the dark room with only a projector on, quietly giving everyone a downcast nod. He placed himself in the front row, the only empty chair that was waiting for him.

He came a little late to take a couple minutes for himself.

He wasn't himself lately. He tried busying himself with work and if he didn't have anymore work, he would drown himself in drinking a couple of beers with his friends. He really did try to get her out his mind but it was impossible. He replayed every single moment they had spent together, he even analyzed them, trying his best to see where he went wrong.

But nothing.

Nothing could come to mind. Maybe it was because he moved a lot. Maybe she had found out he was lying to her about the type of job he did. Though he didn't exactly lie. He was working for the country, or to be more specific, he worked for the FBI.

He wished she would just answer his phone calls. He wanted to go home, but he couldn't. He was all the way in New York and she was in Georgia. Little did he know though that she was right under his nose.

"Calum it's nice for you to join us, yet again late." His boss gave him a pointed look. "Now everyone we have gotten a surprising new piece of information." Calum's boss pointed with his index finger at the short pudgy man with greasy hair on the projector screen. "Pietro Bianchi has died on May the first. We have assumed—well actually not assumed, we know this mother fucker is a mafiaso. Lucky for us though, he's dead." He shrugged carelessly. He didn't care. No one in this room really cared that he had died. They were criminals. They didn't deserve remorse right? "That makes our life a little easier.." he says with ease then suddenly he shouts. "but don't start getting relaxed! There are still other sons of bitches roaming in this country, living lavishly, while we work our asses off, trying to keep this country at peace. Even though yes they're throughout the country, New York has to be the most corrupted." He grunts. "Half of the police force doesn't want to be involved which makes our life a little more difficult. Any questions or information you would like to share?"

Calum sucks in a breath. "Well sir, I don't mean to burst your bubble but even though Pietro is dead, wouldn't his underboss take over the mafia?"

"Well no duh Sherlock. We have to find out his location. Any location, let that be a lab, one of his vacation homes doesn't fucking mater, let's just find him." Everyone nods. "Alright I'm finished, let's get to work." Everyone stood up from the seats and started making their way out the door. "Except you Calum." Calum stopped walking, and slowly turned around.

"Yes sir."

"I need your head in this operation-"

"My head is in this operation."

"No, no it's actually not. I need the whole you. I don't know what's going on outside of work but if you need time for yourself just say it."

Calum sighs. It had been weeks, but it felt like months. But being the optimistic person he was, he quickly stopped sapping and suddenly had a new wave of energy.

He thought to himself that maybe she just wanted a little space but he would do things to make her feel like he was still there.

"Yes sir, you're right. I haven't been myself and I know you know what's been going on, so sorry about that. I'll quickly look around for leads."

"That's more like you. Alright get to it. And don't let a girl bring you down son."

Calum nodded and exited the room. He didn't feel overwhelmed anymore. He felt focused now. It was time to finally find out more about the mafia situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rudely my phone rang in the middle of the meeting. Already knowing who it was, I placed it in my pocket and continued. "Who's in charge from-"

Again my phone rang. This was the—and I kid you not, the tenth time. For. Today. I was always getting messages and calls. And no it wasn't business calls or messages. The messages and calls were coming from my non-work phone. They're were all coming Taylor and motivational and inspirational quotes from Calum. I told you he was a good optimistic guy and I hated the fact he was doing all this. He still believed in us. He thinks it was his fault but little did he know I couldn't be with him anymore. I didn't want to get him hurt and I didn't deserve him. I didn't deserve anyone.

"Damn right you don't. It's better to be by yourself anyways."

I sighed. "Everyone I'm welcoming someone into this family whom I've known for awhile. I trust her very much and I'm going to need for all of you to put your trust in her also. She and Christian will run things while I attend business matters out of the country; that's how much faith I have in her. Her name is Liz and she'll be arriving in two weeks, unfortunately I'll be leaving earlier. You will all listen to her and treat her like you would me." Everyone wondered who this person was that I was putting so much faith into, except Christian. He knew exactly who I was talking about. "Alright everyone back to work. I'll be in my office if you need me." Everyone still sat there staring at me." I'm sorry I didn't know I had something on my fucking face!" Everyone immediately rushed out the room, except Christian.

He closed the doors and came closer as I sat down. "So we really are going through with this plan?"

"Yes. No one can know about this Christian. Not even Rafa. I don't exactly trust him yet after what he did."

"Yeah I won't say anything." He confirmed.

"You have treat me like if I was your business partner. Now let me go to my office and finish a couple of things before my "leave."

"Alright."

"Alright we have big things coming our way Christian." I strode into my office.

I turned around and closed the doors making sure no one was watching me. I took out a bottle and chugged a good amount and started working on things that had to be done immediately.

Start getting to work, Rose.

A/N: Don't worry I'm not dead. I really do hope I get to writing more but I really don't know if I'll be able to. And no I haven't forgotten about you all since I get messages from you all. Which thank you so much. You all are awesome. Have a great day/night.

-B