Chapter 11: Part 1

Lana's POV

He stared at me surprised, his body, rigid. I was sure that he thought I would have never returned. He thought I was still traumatized, young and still a teenager.

Maybe it was my behavior, or maybe the nice smiles I was giving to every one, including him. . .

~~~~~~~~~

12 hours earlier

"Last time we were here wasn't it with my ex?"

"To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure. But that girl sure acted like the devil himself." I shook my head, while Ethan was busy cracking up.

"Hey, it wasn't my fault. It was for business."

"Yeah I know but still. . ." We smiled at each other, happy to be seeing each other after awhile. I've only ever spoke to him on the phone. I haven't seen him since the last time I was in New-York which was two years ago. We were both very busy.

"It's always great seeing each other again after a long time."

I nodded. "Yeah it is."

"Funny thing really, but isn't there yet another gala happening?"

After he mentioned those words my mood immediately turned cloudy. The gala was making me anxious. It was like two years ago all over again. I hated it.

"Yeah. . I guess." I played around with my eggs, suddenly not hungry anymore. "Are you going though?" I asked feeling hopeful.

He nodded his head.

I thrusted my fists into the air and jumped out of my seat to hug him. "That's awesome." I gushed.

I leaned back to face him. "Do you have a date to go with? Or you can go with this beautiful, fantastic lady right here?" I suggested with a bright smile.

He chuckled then nodded his head. "Of course. It would be my pleasure my lady."

................

11:32 Am

It read on my phone. "It's 11:32."

"Exactly! So go with Christian and the other guys to the-Oh shit you did go! Remember the guy with the gold teeth, Marco Garcia?"

Marco... M-a-r-c-o? Mhm

"The guy from Mexico."

"Oh the one who was in his thirties or something. Yeah what about him?"

"Just get the packages into the truck and come back immediately to get ready for the gala. I've got some things to do, so go with Christian or take one more person but please don't goof off or do something that embarrasses our name." He said sternly, walking out the door along with us.

At least he wasn't mad.

Christian, Johnny, and I got into the white truck and left in the direction of where it started, or the beginning of where I started this hellhole. The memories were rushing back to me. But to be perfectly honest, I didn't know whether to be happy or disappointed. I mean they were memories, and I found it funny that I made a deal with a drug lord, or really, the drug lord's assistant.