Chapter 21: Trust me

"Out of all the places why are we here?" Christian frowned.

"Christian you're going to have to trust me with everything from now on. That also means what I said before; don't question my decisions."

He swallowed the bile in his throat and nodded. He knew I wasn't playing around anymore and I meant business. And I did. I'm tired of people pushing me around—Thinking I was weak and I didn't deserve to be here because I was a girl, but I was going to prove to them that I did belong here and I was going to stay.

"We're here because, well we have to start somewhere. We also have to lose our fears one way or another."

I had drove to the place from where I saved Christian. Why was I here? Well because I had an evil plan.

Literally.

I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. A minute later a man in an expensive suit answered the door.

He pointed a gun at my head and Christian did also.

"Christian put it down." I demanded. Christian held it at the man for a minute longer before reluctantly putting the gun down.

"What is it?" The man asked in a gruff voice, placing his gun in his waist.

"I'm here to talk to your boss."

He looked me up and down. "Get the fuck out of here." He stepped back to close the door but I placed my hand on the door to stop it.

"I'm Lana Fallaci. I use to work with Chris Fallaci. And now I need to talk to your boss." I said hoping that he would let me in or if I had to risk it all and shoot him.

He narrowed his eyes but thankfully he let us in. The place looked even worse than it had two years ago. They were rich why not hire maids?

He led us upstairs and left us in the hallway to let his boss know I was here.

"Don't pull out your gun please and you don't have to worry about him, okay? Remember you don't belong to him anymore. And Um..what's his name?"

Christian looked mortified." How can you-"

"Mr.Bianchi wants to see you." The guy with the expensive suit said as he led us inside.

"Ahh Lana it's been what? Two years since I've last seen you?"

"Um yes. I've been quite busy." I humorlessly laughed.

"And I see-whats his name- Courtney, Christiano-no that's not it..."

"Christian." I smiled, not quite reaching my eyes though.

"Ahh. Yes you're right. How's he doing?" He spoke with a bored tone. Not sure why he would even bother asking why, if he already knew it was a boring question.

"Actually I just want to get to the point of why I'm here. Christian isn't really the focus of why I'm here."

Mr.Bianchi grinned. "I see you want to get down to business. I like that. I've always liked that about you." He pointed to the chair in front of his desk. "Sit my dear. Rafa leave and take Christian with you."

I didn't question his demands. I sat and waited till he was ready to start the conversation.

"So what is it that you came here for? And without Chris?" He asked

I inhaled and answered calmly even though inside I was nervous. "I don't work with Chris any longer due to personal issues. I've seen the way the mafia works. I've seen the way things get done, how much you're willing to risk yourself to both the other mafia families and to the police—Or actually more than just the police, but I actually want to learn from you. I have to admit that you.. you have been the one here the longest and I wanted to mentally take notes."
He narrowed his eyes but I didn't miss the way his eyes held something. Interest maybe-Hopefully.

"What makes you think a women can run a mafia?" He questioned.

Not surprised that he asked that. The doubt of women, of course.

"Who says they can't? I'm not saying all the women are capable of it, but I can be the first. I'll be willing to risk my life. I've nothing to lose. And I know my way around it. Of course all I'm saying is bullshit to you, right? So let me tell you something that'll interest you." I leaned closer with a smirk knowing fully well he would let me in. In to his mafia, and one step closer for me to take it over. "I have a friend who.. became close to a man with the most amazing thing he has ever discovered. Or made. It's also  very hard to get your hands on." I went into the pocket of my jacket and waved the little white substance that was wrapped in a white clear plastic.

"What's this?" Bianchi asked as he grabbed the bag.

"Pure good fucking cocaine. 97 percent pure." I smirked.

I was always saving it to show Chris that we could definitely up our game big time but I didn't think he was stable yet for a more powerful drug. He was doing drugs, I didn't want him becoming more addicted to it than he already was.

He narrowed his eyes and went into his pocket and pulled out a silver sharp pocket knife. He sliced the bag and wiped the white substance on the gums of his teeth.

He raised his eyebrows. "There's only one person who has the purest cocaine and that person lives in South America."

"Like I said I know a friend who knows him. I just ask for a favor and that's to help you run this. There's a reason why I'm not dead yet."

He looked to be thinking and every once and while, he kept glancing at the little clear plastic.  

I'm not sure if he heard it but my heart was beating rapidly. This was going to be my chance to finally ruin Chris. I didn't care anymore if I would hurt him. Not like he cared every time he hurt me.

After what seemed like eternity, Bianchi finally had his answer for me. "Fine. You're right. You're not dead, so it seems to me that you do your job well, but let me tell you how I run things around here. There is no choosing sides here or that you can do whatever you want. We'll both run things see how it goes but I don't want you thinking you can give orders left and right. Got that?"

I nodded.

"Also.." I winced. "I may also need a few things."

He frowned. "What else is it that you need?"

"I may be in need of a place to stay low. No one can know that I stay here or that I exit for now."

He clenched his teeth then rolled his eyes. "Fine. Fine. These are a lot of favors I'm doing for you kid."

I threw him a humorous laugh, stood up from the chair, and held my hand out for a handshake. He shook it after about a minute, then he quickly retrieved it.

"Go with Rafa. He'll lead you to where you will be staying." He took out his handkerchief and coughed into it, almost wheezing and waved his hand for me to leave. I backed to the door and opened it.

As I almost closed it I saw his white handkerchief stained with blood.

I smirked as I closed the door shut.

Little did he know that I was about to make his situation worse.