Chapter 25: One Step Closer

My head snapped to Rafa and back to the man stepping out the SUV with two other men. He looked familiar though I couldn't quite place my finger on it. Yet.

"How do you know that's his son?" I sneered. "They don't even look alike. He looks like he came from a good looking rich family not a rich ugly disgusting man." I breathed out

"That's his son. His only son and kid." He informs me, but this didn't explain what I actually wanted to ask.

"Christian go open the door and bring him upstairs, politely. And Rafa you didn't care to tell me sooner that he had a son?" I was fuming. He looked to be nervous and he should have been because I was going to choke him to death. Too bad I couldn't. I had guests unfortunately.

"I didn't think it was important because he's always been out of picture. He never liked the mafia or his father. He and his mother left and wanted nothing to do with this... I recently sent out a will from Mr.Bianchi to his son. I guess he got it but I didn't know he would come." He objected.

"We'll talk afterwards Rafael." I clenched my teeth and glared at him.

He looked apologetic. He wanted to say something more but a knock came from the door, interrupting him.

"Come in." I said in a cool voice, still giving Rafael a death stare.

Christian opened the doors and soon the man came in. He didn't have much of a smile like I did. Of course it was a forced one, but still he could have had one also.

"Christian, Rafael please leave us and head outside, we'll be out later. And take the other two with you." I looked at the man in front me with crossed arms and a frown. "Do you mind if we talk alone?"

"If you're trying to seduce me, it's not working. You're in no way that gorgeous." He threw at me, catching me off guard.

I quickly replied. "Oh don't flatter yourself. I was en-"

"She just wants to talk. She's all business." Christian interrupted. Thank goodness he did. I was almost going to reveal that I was engaged—well—twice, yet that was only it before it was always being broken off. I should just conclude that I'll never get past me getting engaged.

The man stared at Christian probably questioning his act of interrupting, but decided to maybe cut this whole meeting short.
He nodded to the men that followed him here and all four guys left outside.

"Scotch?" I asked as I poured myself some in a small glass.

"No. Are you Lana?"

I turned around and leaned against the wall, sipping the scotch. "Yes. And your name is Julian. Julian Sanders. Am I right?" I knew he looked familiar. He was an architect. A rich one at that, that is until he went bankrupt. But it was his last name. That's why I could never connect the dots. He didn't even have his fathers last name. He really didn't want nothing to do with him, not even his money which could have definitely had helped him out a lot. Though him not wanting to do anything with this was unmistakably splendid.

"Yes. But I'm here to ask why is it that you have half of the mafia? Well one third of it anyway?What are you to Bianchi?"

"One third!" I exclaimed. That damn cunt. I knew I wasn't going to get away with this too easily. Damn it. He was even haunting me while he was dead.

I laughed quietly to myself though. It was quite funny. "Apparently a used partner." I muttered "He was nothing but a mere partner. I came to learn from him and his crucial ways and connections, and I even grew his business. Though not enough. He didn't want to expand himself wider. But unfortunately he died and now since I'm here might as well do it, right?"

"And how do you know that I won't be the head of it. It's rightfully mine and you only have one third of it anyways?" He challenged

"You have what you created. You built your own empire. You don't want to dirty your hands for something you never wanted in the first place."

"So what if I want it now?" He kept challenging me.

He was making me livid. He didn't want this. He didn't want any part of it. That I knew. He's not the type to do this line of work. Though I wasn't completely sure, the man needed money. But I'm sure his father gave him money  through the will, so why would he want something that would ruin his reputation?

"Well it's in your father's will right? If you want it go ahead and dirty your hands. Do the dirty work. I'm not saying you can't anyways." I shrugged and sat down on the crusty leather chair.

"Well actually I don't, to be honest with you." He too sat down on the chair in front of the desk and crossed his arms.

Yeah he looked nothing like his disgusting father. Bianchi had brown eyes and he had blue. Bianchi was tanned while Julian was much lighter. Julian also had blonde hair and well Bianchi was bald. Although their face shape was probably the same, except for the fact that Julian was in shape and he had a sharp jaw.

"Exactly you don't, but I'm willing to. I have a better idea though." I hastily suggested. He was almost getting up to leave. "I know that you've gone bankrupt that much I know, but you know this can profit you a lot also..."

He raised an eyebrow. "Thought you wanted to run this yourself?"

"Yeah but I say we work together. It's only right since-" he shook his head and stood up.

"I don't want any part of it." He harshly said. "I don't want to run something that'll ruin my reputation. Yes I owe debts but I'll pay them off on my own and I don't need my father's will to help me." He kept shaking his head.

"I never said you would run it. I will. Just hear me out."

He took in a breath and rubbed his head. "Fine. Go ahead."

"I know you don't want any part of it. But what you're thinking is the part where you get blood on your hands or deal with illegal activities. Don't worry about that. It's just that I was thinking that I could have most of it and you would have some profit out of it also, which would help you pay off your debts."

"And what do you want from me?"

"More connections, more territory, your help in building and maybe a house. And most definitely I'll pay you." I was nervous to have added the last two—actually cross that— I was nervous I asked all of this. He said he didn't want any part of it but it wouldn't hurt to try.

"No."

I groaned. "I can also give you protection. You know we're not the only family out there right? And I'll give you 4%"

He stood up again.

"8%"

He began walking toward the door.

I sighed. "Fine 8%. Protection and more areas for you to also cover. You don't only have to build in New York but also in other states. There's Florida, California, Nevada..." I stayed quiet for a minute. I was hearing my heartbeat going faster and faster. Anticipation was eating me up. This would bring us so much money. More connections. Better options, but definitely much more power.

He whirled around. "Fine. Fine. I'll bring the contract tomorrow if that's alright with you. I'll come back tomorrow."

"That's fine but I do have some regulations. If it's fine I'll send them your way through email."

He sighed but reluctantly agreed. "That's fine." He stood up and dug into his pocket for his wallet. He pulled out a little card and handed it to me.

"Email and phone number is on the back." He extended his hand and I shook it.

I had a smug smile.

One step closer.

A/N: I know. I know. I haven't updated in I think 3 weeks. And I'm sorry. No excuses. Just pure laziness. Hope you enjoyed though :)