Chapter 16: Piece of Cake

Two months. It took two months to at least shape our men. We weren't at the top yet but we were slowly getting there. We trained everyday, me included, and we were improving everyday.

Our use of weapons got even sharper. We didn't waste one single bullet, meaning that we never missed a guy. Of course talking about the skilled ones. Some still weren't at 100 yet they were stuck at 99. And that wasn't enough. Not where we were heading.

Our investors didn't treat us like we were the ones serving them anymore.

They didn't cancel their meetings with us. We did that now. They were starting to treat us like how they did at the beginning and like how they should have always been doing, with respect.

We were feared. Our employees-or Chris's employees, couldn't slack. Not when we had eyes staring at us from every corner. They made one mistake they were fired. Yes, it was harsh but we didn't have time for these mistakes and we didn't enjoy people laughing at us.

As for our family, even though they were family they couldn't slack either, especially when they were more important than the employees from Chris's companies.

In the mafia world, we were finally getting through to everyone that we weren't playing around and we meant business. We were rising to the top and that made Chris very happy. And that made me happy because that meant I would be leaving soon.

Another thing that was going to make him very excited was the fact that I was going to try my damn hardest on getting Danny on board on sponsoring us.

Lucky for me Daniela had called me to inform me the exciting news that she was coming to New York which I already had knew. But besides that she asked me if I could pick her up from the airport.

Of course I said yes and I was currently waiting for her at the bottom of the escalators. I wasn't a patient person so I was getting a bit irritated.

I glanced up at the escalators once again hoping she would be there but once again she wasn't.

I sighed, pulled out my phone and searched for her name to call.

Remember when I said we had practiced our fighting skills and everything that prepared us for anything? Well consider my training a success, because as soon as someone slapped my head, I turned around so fast, I twisted her arm behind their back and was ready to even break it.

But then I saw who exactly smacked my head so I let them go.

"Geez who's been abusing you?!" Daniela inquires while frowning at her arm.

I laugh softly. "I'm sorry but you know this is New York and you just never know the type of men that might hurt you." I shrug.

"True." She says still pouting at her arm.

"Oh stop being a baby and let's get you to your destination." I rolled my eyes.

We walk to the black sleek Jeep that was parked right outside the airport. I placed Daniela's bags in the trunk and climbed in the drivers seat.

"So how has life been treating you here?" She asked as she looked at her phone.

"It's been. . Fine I guess. What ab-"

"What do you mean by "fine, I guess." ?" She interrupted. She was looking at me now.

"Um it's been alright..." I laughed nervously. She tilted her head.

"But I mean it's like if you were on vacation, because you're not working and you can basically-" She frowns. I can feel her looking at me while I drive into the city. Traffic is bad, just exactly what I needed. "Rose, can I ask you a question, and you'll answer earnestly?"