Chapter 20: Finally The Truth

A/N: Another chapter Loves! Hope you like it!

~~~~~~~

"So what is it?"

Liam sighs. "When you left for work, I stayed home finishing work in my office, then all of sudden I black out. I wouldn't say I got hit because I didn't have bruises or anything like that, but I did wake up on the bed and with a girl that I thought was you. I swear I didn't know anything Rose."

"Lana." I corrected. This was something that I just couldn't accept. I felt like he was telling the truth, but he could just be lying.

He nods and continues. "Well when you came I was still drowsy. And then after you left. . ." He frowns and sighs heavily. "When you left all I was thinking about was what exactly happened and why I didn't remember that whole day. I felt like it was a dream—nightmare. I blamed myself all the time and fell deep into depression. I'm embarrassed to even say that I was even trying to jump of the balcony that same day. But luckily there was someone who stopped me." He smiled. "After I got better I saw Jane after a long time and I- well interrogated her, you could say. But I asked her what exactly happened and she told me that she made a deal with Chris." He paused for my reaction but all I did was stop breathing.

Sorry Liam, but you can't read me anymore.

"She said Chris came to her with a request and offered her a load of money and she accepted it. She told me someone would have made me unconscious and she had to be in bed with me to make it seem like I was cheating." He swallowed hard like it still affected him. At least he knew what went on, on the other hand I didn't know anything.

This had to be bullshit.

"You don't believe me." He didn't question, he stated.

"I-um."

"Rose—Lana, I would never hurt you intentionally, ever. Even after these past years I thought I finally got through all of that but after seeing you here; in front of me after these years. I still feel the pain of that night. That night of no remembrance. It's still hard for me to process it to be honest because I never got to tell you what really happened and I bet you hated my guts. I would never lie to you about that awful night."

I didn't realize it then but tears were running down my cheeks and on to my chest. My mouth got dry and I couldn't move. It was hard to even breathe.

"Ask your cousin,Lana. He's changed. I would never in a million years though thought that he could do that to us but he did. And I don't even know for what." He frowned, deep in thought.

I know exactly why. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't process all of this. None of it. Chris couldn't—wouldn't have done that. But that was the old me saying that, the one where I believed Chris was still the same kid from years ago.

But no. He wasn't the same, but couldn't have been that selfish to have done that.

I had to find out. At this point I was shaking with rage.

"Rose...?"

I was standing up and pacing back and fourth, many scenarios popping in my head of what I would do if Chris had been the one behind Liam's fake affair.

Liam came to me and slid his hands down my arms. He hugged me and I cried. I couldn't suppress my emotions. But I knew we were both in a relationship so I pulled away. "We've both changed Liam. We've also moved on. But I'm glad that you're happy now." I tried smiling through my tears. I felt so many emotions I couldn't exactly pick one. "I'm glad you're married and you're healthy and you at least got to tell me all of this. You won't have to carry the burden alone anymore." I sniffled. I slowly walked backwards while our eyes were still connected. I finally turned around and angrily pulled the handle.

"Rose Wait!" He called after me but I rushed to the elevator, ignoring him and angrily pushed the button for the lobby.

So many things were rushing through my head. I could have been happy and married with Liam by now. I could have saved myself all the hurt and the regrets. I could have never took this job. I wouldn't have to meet Giovanni for the second time. And I wouldn't have to deal with the druggies in this world. So many outcomes out of what Chris did to us.

That was it. This was the last draw. I wouldn't back out now.

Is he even your cousin anymore?

So many thoughts were swirling in my head yet I felt like that thought was someone else's.

I was almost home thankfully there wasn't much traffic as there always was. I think I had passed three red lights.

Speeding into the parking lot, I slammed the door as I made my way up the stairs.

I was still shaking and angry tears were slowly coming out. I opened the door wide open and saw Camilla talking to Chris in the living room.

As I slammed the door shut their heads turned my way. I marched my way towards Chris. "That day you came to my job three years ago and forced me to go home, you set it up. Didn't you? It was too much of a coincidence for that to happen right when you told me to go home. I can't believe you would do that for your own selfish reasons Well actually I can now." I shook my head.

"What are you talking about Lana?" Chris questioned me, looking at me as if I had snakes on my head.

"Didn't you?!" I pushed him.

"Lana, stop. Calm down." Camilla tried getting a hold of me.

"Don't touch me Camilla." I aimed my gun at her and she backed off. "Chris tell me the fucking truth because I've actually had enough of your bullshit."

The rest of the guys popped out curious to the situation that was unraveling. Daniel came out of the foyer and aimed his gun at me. Chris shook his head at Daniel and signaled for him to drop the weapon.

"How did you find out?" As Chris said those words my stomach dropped. He was capable of such things. He said it with no guilty expression. Not like if I had hoped for it anyways.

I scoffed, nodding my head, finally confirming that Chris wasn't the same, and I wasn't going to give him any family treatment any longer.

I stepped back. I sighed heavily and turned around with my hand on the door handle. "You're not considered my family anymore, Chris. So no mercy. Don't look for me because you won't be able to find me. You just better watch out." I said as the final words I will ever give them. "Christian lets go."

I walked out, heading straight for my car. As Christian got into the car and I turned on the engine. "You have a choice Christian." I said as I looked straight ahead. "You can stay or you can leave with me, but I won't promise that you'll be safe if you stay here. And if you come with me well I just won't be the same. I'm just warning you now. And no questioning me, or my decisions." I turned to him and he sighed.

"As I said before, I remain with you." He answered.

I nodded and rushed out the lot and aimed straight where I thought I was never going to go but I needed to start somewhere to ruin Chris. I knew I was in too deep with this mafia shit so I couldn't get out now.

I was going to dig myself deeper even if it meant I was risking my life.